Calum Todd

S4 Ploughman

Steamforged hit the nail on the head with their analysis why team selection feels stale in Farmers. With all planters now able to lay down a harvest marker without fuss, and without Tooled Up (ouch), Harrow doesn't feel like an auto include anymore. 

That said, I'm curious what Farmers intended playstyle will be in S4. Right now I see them as a 1-4 or even 0-6 team, I'd be okay with their takeout potential being reduced for better goal threats.

I'd be very happy for us to move to more accessible 2-2 win. I would like for Harrow to become a bit more football focused with the loss of Tooled Up - currently Ploughman looks like a better version of him really.

1 hour ago, Luebbi said:

Steamforged hit the nail on the head with their analysis why team selection feels stale in Farmers. With all planters now able to lay down a harvest marker without fuss, and without Tooled Up (ouch), Harrow doesn't feel like an auto include anymore. 

That said, I'm curious what Farmers intended playstyle will be in S4. Right now I see them as a 1-4 or even 0-6 team, I'd be okay with their takeout potential being reduced for better goal threats.

You don't know others changes on harrow, but SFG try that all players for the team are playable and this is good

Ploughman is certainly looking much more interesting than before. If the farmers are being more homogenized, Ploughman is looking like the 'pushes' planter, the guy you take to pull people into your trap, or counter dodges. I imagine Millstone will be the 'defensive buffer' planter, Harrow the 'aggressive buffer' (maybe assist like Chisel? Lend a hand/Close ranks?), Jack surely will stay the same except a little clean up on his teleport-3x-a-turn-but-worded-differently-for-each-time stuff, and I'm really hoping vHonour get more definition, as I don't really know what her role is or what she is for at the moment.

1 hour ago, S_A_T_S said:

Ploughman is certainly looking much more interesting than before. If the farmers are being more homogenized, Ploughman is looking like the 'pushes' planter, the guy you take to pull people into your trap, or counter dodges. I imagine Millstone will be the 'defensive buffer' planter, Harrow the 'aggressive buffer' (maybe assist like Chisel? Lend a hand/Close ranks?), Jack surely will stay the same except a little clean up on his teleport-3x-a-turn-but-worded-differently-for-each-time stuff, and I'm really hoping vHonour get more definition, as I don't really know what her role is or what she is for at the moment.

They said there will be no way for farmers to gain tac or damage so no assist :(
So we should expect changes to grange, thresher legendary, murder hag, windle

5 hours ago, Riozaki said:

So we should expect changes to grange, thresher legendary, murder hag, windle 

... and Harrow. We're looking at almost a complete redesign. I'm a little concerned, as if too much gets 'simplified', they will be a dull and bland team to play. True Path + Cracked Earth is a nice combo, especially when you can pull people deeper into the aura, so let's hope we see some good stuff :wacko:

6 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

... and Harrow. We're looking at almost a complete redesign. I'm a little concerned, as if too much gets 'simplified', they will be a dull and bland team to play. True Path + Cracked Earth is a nice combo, especially when you can pull people deeper into the aura, so let's hope we see some good stuff :wacko:

Broken earth is aura for enemy so no need to glide using true path

Well the team build I tried with Honour and Ploughman standing at the back generating markers, just got a whole lot better. Between them they generate 4 markers for no influence, for a perma stacked squad every turn. Nice. 

From the hints they've dropped Against the Grain and Honest Labour are gone. Intrigued about S4 Grange as it's his most uses play.

10 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

Well the team build I tried with Honour and Ploughman standing at the back generating markers, just got a whole lot better. Between them they generate 4 markers for no influence, for a perma stacked squad every turn. Nice. 

With S4 Ploughman and S3 vHonour, I can only get 3 Harvest Markers for 0 INF

1. Ploughman: Planting Season + Fertile Ground (1+1 HM) (2 Total)
  2. vHonour: Surpassing Strat (1 HM) (3 Total)

Fertile Ground will become Once Per Turn in S4