Sign in to follow this  
Gatlinggoon

Black Dragon Kalameet

Hi, just got my Expansion and wanted to see if people have simmilar issues.
While all the Parts are there and nothing is broken (unlike with my dancer) there are some issues with bending
Sif´s Sword is a bit bent wich is fine since its fixable, Artoriases Sword is heavily bent wich is not fixable since its atached to a very thin wrist.
The big issue are the Wings for Khalameet, they do not fit into the spots they are supposed to slide in at all, over half of the unmodeled fixpoint sticks out. They will require some heavy cutting with an exacto knife and possibly some wires to make them stick. Not somethign you´d expect since this is not a Tabletop Wargame product so most customers wont even know how to do that.

About the bending, Maybe trying submerging the model into hot water will allow you to bend it back, then submerge it in cold water once you fixed it.

Not sure about the Kalameet issue...I'm still waiting mine...T.T (does it have a tracking number?)

what about filing it instead of using a knife?

The part of the wing that is supposed to go into the model is massively oversized, i carved it out (took about 20 minutes) with some "green stuff" glue and a few metal pins i was able to mount them. took about an hour and alot of fiddling.
Not great for a something that was delayed because of issues with breackage through shipping :)

On 9/5/2018 at 3:50 AM, Gatlinggoon said:

The part of the wing that is supposed to go into the model is massively oversized, i carved it out (took about 20 minutes) with some "green stuff" glue and a few metal pins i was able to mount them. took about an hour and alot of fiddling.
Not great for a something that was delayed because of issues with breackage through shipping :)

I am wrestling with this at present. I have just about sorted the left wing and have been at it for 40 mins. I tried a file but it clogs the teeth. I don't want to wash it off the file as it will be fine plastic debris that would wash straight out to sea.

So I am back to using a scalpel blade. If you do this be careful as I have spent a lot of time cutting towards my hand. Scared myself a few times already!:o ( :GB: bleeding)

Two minutes later

Just did the right one ! :)

Hot water to straighten the horns on it's head now.

Edited by The Old Buzzard
update.

use an exacto/carpeting knife, carve off plastic as needed, then either greenstuff and glue or if thats not enough, like it was for me you can get a thin strip of wire and shove it halfway into the plastic on both sides of the Wing

I have just been assembling the Gaping Dragon and I found that a hairdryer was the best way to get the pieces to fit. Just cut off the excess burrs from the tab with a sharp knife, then heat it up gently with a hairdryer for 10-15 seconds. It should be soft enough to push right in there.

I found this much easier to work with than hot water, and I didn't need to shave the model down to size.