Sign in to follow this  
arkhos94

Selling policy : rebuy a 50$ box for 1 or 2 minis

Here is a topic regarding steamforged selling policy

For a around 2 years, I purchased Guild ball models as soons as they were released (mason, brewer, union, hunter, blackmsith), many of them in blisters.

Now, steamforged is releasing models I don't have in boxes (pride, goal post, scenery) along with model I already own.

So I have to choose between re-buying model I already own or never having the one I missed.

Worst problem is for Pride : all other model in the box were sold in blister but he never was (and so never was available to my FLGS). So, either I rebuy 5 models or I never play him

I'm I the only one with this problem ? Does someone know if steamforged plan to adress the problem somehow ? Putting pride on sale on blister (and available to store) and making terrain resin pack with goalpost, balls and scenery for each team ?

No, you're not the only one with this problem - it is discussed regularly on the GuBS Facebook group. It is a problem, and I suspect it is NOT one that Steamforged intends to solve cleanly, i.e. making all of those single models available outside their team boxes. Examples - look at the Ratcatchers Cooks and Falconers, who can use models from their major partner, but in BOTH cases, the models are from different team boxes (this is NOT true for Rats and Navs, though - I forgot that Rats can field vGraves, as opposed to oGraves). For the record, though; Pride was available as a limited edition version - it's the version where he's sitting on a marble plinth or dais. It's entirely possible they'll make him available again. I am under the impression that the multi-guild boxes, such as the Exiles and the Faithful, are over however. And they were probably stuck with dealing with the Order, given that they clearly do not want to reintroduce blister packs into the retail market. I believe somebody at SFG has indicated they DO intend to make new resin Union models, I seriously doubt they intend to change their strategy for the Order any time soon - so no standalone PVC box w/ terrain, goal, ball, etc. And I expect the issue of the cross-over models between major and minor guilds to be ongoing.

From what I've seen of SFG, I can't imagine they're tone deaf to the problem. They probably are looking for a solution, but finding one that works for everyone, customer, FLGS and SFG, isn't going to be easy. 

There are some people splitting up the multipacks on ebay at the moment, which works for a lot of the new players from the "exiles" and "faithful: new beginnings" boxes. I got a spare Veteran Honour to paint up in masons colours. But that doesn't really work for Pride, because in that case there's going to be vastly more demand for Pride than for the rest of the box.

I think it would be great if somewhere down the line Steamforged could do some "made-to-order" sales, like Games Workshop does for old, out-of-production models. They could every so often bring back an old model (kickstarter captain, holiday model, minor guild crossover player, Pride etc.) on a limited made-to-order basis, issue an appropriate warning about the delay to fulfil orders, then produce the number they've sold. This could maybe apply to the scenery and goalposts too.

Maybe in five years time Guild Ball will be stronger than ever, and there'll be lots of new players scouring ebay for old figures, and it would be nice to give them a chance to track down all the sculpts for their guild.

I'm in very similar position, I need 3 more players for my Hunters but can't get 'em without buying 2 whole boxes
How on earth am I going to obtain Lucky or Pint Pot for my brewers?

It seems utter mess at the moment