Riozaki

Season 4 Salvo

So guys, Just curious to see what everyone thinks of salvo.  If the new version was in season 3 do you think he would see some use?  Assuming hoist keeps true replication it means that we can have 4 arrow to the knees or 3 ranged knockdowns.

5 AttKs

Salvo is cool. You can KD a model, scatter his ball, dodge towards it and pick it from 6" away. Run and score. He certainly makes my twelve.

KD & 2" dodges seems really good.  Also, if Pin Vice can affect non-mechanica, that is a significant upgrade for Salvo. 

I can definitely see taking him over Velocity sometimes. His range is better. Bringing back Floored Bolt makes him far more useful. I already like kicking about half the time. This might make him a better option for kick off than Ballista, though he'd have to activate after Ballista so he'd get MOM to use for scoring. Serious turn one goal threat.

1 minute ago, Silversmith said:

This might make him a better option for kick off than Ballista, though he'd have to activate after Ballista so he'd get MOM to use for scoring. Serious turn one goal threat.

You start with 1 MOM.

Plan follows:

Ballista activates and deadbolts player most likely to threaten Salvo. 2 MOM. Salvo activates. Floor Bolt the ball carrier, heroic, tether ball, run and shoot on goal, however the order for running, shooting and tethering needs to be.

4 hours ago, Riozaki said:

Really interested in seeing if Hoist keeps Replication now.

I will be sad if Hoist loses True Replication. One of my favorite aspects of playing The Engineers is figuring out how to do something cool with Hoist.

The hint about Pin Vice's character plays are pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to using Salvo in S4, because currently I'm unable to get much work out of him.

That extra bit of knockdown makes a KD-heavy ball playing team a bit more scary. Depends on how / if they change, but the Ballista / Locus / Colossus axis of evil could already soak up a stupid amount of MP from the opposition. This will let me replace my old team's Velocity with Salvo, and Ratchet (probably) with Hoist, for a pretty insane amount of KD (Ballista, Mother, Colossus, Hoist, Salvo, Locus).

I just noticed an interesting thingy. If Pin Vice were to cast Alt+Ctrl on a well positioned Salvo and go for a goal, Salvo would almost certainly get the ball back. He has 10" sprint, 2" dodge from Floored Bolt and then 6" of Tether Ball. That sums up to 18". It's really hard to kill the ball in this setup.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, Celary said:

I just noticed an interesting thingy. If Pin Vice were to cast Alt+Ctrl on a well positioned Salvo and go for a goal, Salvo would almost certainly get the ball back. He has 10" sprint, 2" dodge from Floored Bolt and then 6" of Tether Ball. That sums up to 18". It's really hard to kill the ball in this setup.

It was a known tactic in Season 3 with her Heroic, though not often used I guess. It was and hopefully still will be possible to copy Tether Ball with Hoist, so there's another player, though with less range (Alternator is an option), which can do it, too.

This Wednesday, I played S4 Salvo and he really is a fantastic player now. The biggest change so far was Swift Strike granting 2" dodges, though having a non-OPT offensive Character Play is pretty nice with Ballista as well (in theory at least, I never used more than two in my games).