Jotnebane

S4 Granite

Give her the thing Fallow has that makes people attack her.

Maybe at the start of every turn, she gets a free jog.

Basically, she needs increased movement, maybe 2" melee.

When is she going up? Am I gonna have to wait until next week?!

Making her more similar to Fallow seems likely, if a bit dull perhaps.

Crazy idea: At the beginning of every friendly activation she gains +1 ARM (instead of TAC like Fallow) to a max of +3 or something. Just turn her into a slow building wrecking ball of masonic destruction.

Sensible-ish idea: Make her just a tad faster in some way. or impervious to movement penalties - i.e Fire/Snare etc don't reduce her (low) movement at all.

I figured she'd have Resilience, given the name change. My only real request is a speed buff of some kind, as others have said.

2 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

Tomorrow. So just another 22 hours. 

How do you know that?

1 hour ago, landstander said:

How do you know that?

Jamie P gives a heads up on FB every 26 hours before a blog post.

1 hour ago, Nykolae said:

Jamie P gives a heads up on FB every 26 hours before a blog post.

Yes, he has so far, but I guess I missed this one. Sorry about that.

Also, they have now added a clickable list at the top of the revealed models page, so that you can jump directly between the revealed cards. Granite is shown, though her link is not currently populated.

Yeah that's a good point about Chisel, they mention Masons had the least changes, but surely Chisel must be the exception to this. 

Granite seems like a good set if changes though. As a Brewer she gets dropped into me quite often, paired up with Brick she's a horrible time sink for even Tapper and Vecimate. She's looks more effective at that now.

In my mind, you can basically build a 'protect Hammer' composition with any mascot, Brick, Granite, vChisel and Tower.

Brick for the protective bubble, Granite for the tar-pit and Between a Rock, vChisel for making sure Hammer's INF is never wasted if they can still lock him down, and Tower for free Def. Stances and the Sturdy bubble. Granite + Tower can also be a tag-team on their own, so even if Hammer is picked off you still have some threats on the board. Sadly, this won't help against Theron/Obulus, as they'll still be able to easily control the big guy, but I think those teams play too spread out anyway to play such a clustered gameplan.

900515278_s4front.jpg.e855813ff9ddda05791350447532_s4back.jpg.8265ea1b98e1313415

Pictures by courtesy of @Riozaki :D 

She is Squaddie Corsair. This is a great model. She's just a ball of really good numbers but that's just fine. IMO she take the Mallet slot against a lot of opponents. She plays the Benediction game well, of being a model that can go in, KD enemies, and set up for your captain to follow up without dying in between.

I noticed the blog post keeps repeating "making her less complex" and "less things to keep track of." Which feels like a slight dig there, but I feel that it makes her less situational.

On the other hand, I felt that old Granite was bait to so she could be a condition sponge. But with 2" melee and 4" MOV now, I think that balances out. Yeah, now it's even harder to figure out who to pick for your 10.

Well, no Resilience, but I never expected this many wish list changes. Very pleased.

54 minutes ago, Von Ether said:

On the other hand, I felt that old Granite was bait to so she could be a condition sponge. But with 2" melee and 4" MOV now, I think that balances out. Yeah, now it's even harder to figure out who to pick for your 10.

Well by the time she's usable in her new form, you won't have to fit her into a 10 - roster size will be 12.

15 hours ago, Von Ether said:

I noticed the blog post keeps repeating "making her less complex" and "less things to keep track of." Which feels like a slight dig there, but I feel that it makes her less situational.

They’ve mentioned before they are trying to get less complicated rules for the sake of having them in there.

obulus for example is a complex mode to play well but isn’t getting changed because his rules are simple

I just want all the 2” masons to go out there and support Hammer. 

I’ll loose out on the goals and it’s not as beaty as a beaty team so Hammer will probably have to do most of the work himself, but I think it would be a fun list to play. 

Bricks counter charge, Granites KD and Broken Ground, vChisels assist and inf moving, Mallets 3” and Singled Out and Wrecker pushing models into the killing zone for Hammer to grab and punish  

Probably not the optimal lineup, but fun