Sign in to follow this  
Shojo

The Dirty knives Cannon

So I came up with this crazy idea of giving Friday bag of quaffers, tooled up, and a couple crowd outs so she can hit four damage with two dirty knives. She would need at least two crowd outs to have a chance. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think thats an idea that sounds way cooler in theory than in practice :) We have players that benefit so much more from those abilities, in particular Tooled Up, that I can´t see how it would be worth all that set up in order to do 4 damage. Maybe keep the first half of the plan to give her BoQ and some crowd outs to throw knives at different targets in order to reduce their defence and give them poison, but if you´re looking for pure damage, I think you should look elsewhere. (Now, if those dirty knives helps spigot or hooper wrap, then you´re talking! :D) I think planning on having Friday throw multiple dirty knives from playbook results is one of those things that won´t really materialize unless you spend crazy amounts of set up on it, so I´d say that´s mostly an opportunistic situation that can be exploited, not something to plan the turn around. Then again, if you wanna try it, go for it!

Crowd outs, Commanding Aura, and Quaffers don't affect character plays. She wouldn't be able to throw anything. If you're talking about selecting it on the playbook, you're much better off selecting the 2 damage result, because a target can't be affected by the same named ability twice.

1 hour ago, Redtiger7 said:

because a target can't be affected by the same named ability twice.

That's wrong, the same named effects don't stack. You can perfectly hit the same target with Dirty Knives again and again, and it's the -DEF part won't apply, but you will still do damage.

22 hours ago, Sid said:

That's wrong, the same named effects don't stack. You can perfectly hit the same target with Dirty Knives again and again, and it's the -DEF part won't apply, but you will still do damage.

So if you're Hooked, and then get Dirty knifed, or knocked down, you can't go to  -2 DEF?

43 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

So if you're Hooked, and then get Dirty knifed, or knocked down, you can't go to  -2 DEF?

No. Effects from sources of the same name don't stack. If you get Dirty Knifed twice, you only apply the effect once (-1 Def). Other effects, such as  KD or Hooked can lower the def further, but only if they have a different name (such as Dirty Knifes, KD, Hooked).