Having just read the updated clarification I find I have been incorrectly reducing 3DMG to 2DMG for Tough Hide. TH works on 'Plays' not 'Traits'.

Is the ATTACK option in 'Grim Vengance' only usable if there is an opponent's figure in her melee zone or can she use her movement to find someone and then use it?  Basically how 'immediate' dose this have to be? 

She had dispatched Esters last night and had to move to use her last INF when she had to walk to find Stave where she did 7, down to 6 as he was KD and has tough hide. (I didn't roll any ones that time.)

It does say you have to pick immediately. Either an attack, a kick, or 2 inch dodge. 

Berserk ability on Rage says that if it make a successful attack and damages the enemy he can make an additional attack without spending influence. 

I know Berserk let's you save that attack and since V Cinder's ability says immediately you could not move and attack if there's no enemy in your melee zone. 

10 hours ago, Melos said:

It does say you have to pick immediately. Either an attack, a kick, or 2 inch dodge. 

Berserk ability on Rage says that if it make a successful attack and damages the enemy he can make an additional attack without spending influence. 

I know Berserk let's you save that attack and since V Cinder's ability says immediately you could not move and attack if there's no enemy in your melee zone. 

That was the conclusion we came to at the time.

But we also said I ought to ask on here.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, MilitaryCoo said:

Immediately means before any other actions. 

So my opinion that an opponent would have to be engaged already to use the attack option of 'Grim Vengance' is correct.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:49 PM, MilitaryCoo said:

Immediately means before any other actions. 

What about in relation to this: Cinder charges model A, who declares a counter attack. She inflicts taken out on model B with her sweeping charge damage. Does Grim Vengeance take effect before the counter attack?

41 minutes ago, Maurice said:

What about in relation to this: Cinder charges model A, who declares a counter attack. She inflicts taken out on model B with her sweeping charge damage. Does Grim Vengeance take effect before the counter attack?

I had not thought of that situation.

I think it might well do if there is some one else in the melee zone.

1 hour ago, Maurice said:

Does Grim Vengeance take effect before the counter attack?

I think it doesn't, as the counter attack is a reaction to the previous action (charge). Immediately as in 'before any other action' relates to vCinder, not other models.

So you'd get counter attacked and then could use your Grim Vengeance.

If vCinder triggers Grim Vengeance during an attack, either with Impale or Sweeping charge, she immediately takes her bonus attack kick or dodge before finishing resolving this attack.  This means it happens before any playbook results that haven't been resolved yet in the case of Impale or counter attacks in the case of Sweeping charge, just as with bonus attacks and kicks resolved by the Seduced character play.

edit- compare Fallow's and Granite's Between a Rock.. which specifies that the jog takes place after the triggering attack or play is resolved.

4 minutes ago, MechMage said:

This means it happens before any playbook results that haven't been resolved yet

This must be wrong, for you check for taken-out after you resolve all of the results (step 3). So Grim Vengeance can't even trigger before that.

15 minutes ago, Sid said:

This must be wrong, for you check for taken-out after you resolve all of the results (step 3). So Grim Vengeance can't even trigger before that.

You also check for take outs at the end of resolving a character play, so if a character is taken out after resolving Impale off the playbook Grim Vengeance triggers before any remaining playbook results are applied.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, Starlight said:

Additionally, in the event that Cinder has taken out a player with the ball, does Cinder’s action occur before is scattered?

:o I never thought of that !

On 10/12/2018 at 6:40 PM, MilitaryCoo said:

Resolve counter attacks before proceeding with Cinder's free action.

The free action must be the next action Cinder makes, so she cannot advance before making the action. 

Thanks for clearing that point.

It is entirely possible that the figure attacked would still be there and the take out could have been done to a character hit by the sweeping charge.

If the model taken out had been in possession of the ball, and there is no Counter attack coming into vCinder, does the ball scatter happen before she has to dodge, as she might be able to gain the ball?

Is this an "Active player chooses order of events" situation?