Kilion

Tournament Trays

No idea if this is the right place for this topic, but I'm looking for a good tournament/game tray. Any suggestions???

I see you're from the US, so I'll stick to one that is worth the overseas postage:

The Wolves Glade makes an excellent tray with three levels, removable layout for your models, plenty of space... It's just great. Pretty popular in UK. 

18238156_1758517037511270_19890590316696

18216788_1758517030844604_55992707452141

18359043_1758517034177937_61156416227462

Bear in mind your tournament limit goes from 10 to 12 in season 4, so it may be worth holding off until manufacturers adjust their top plate (eg above, only has space for 10 models)

7 hours ago, Grenoir said:

Bear in mind your tournament limit goes from 10 to 12 in season 4, so it may be worth holding off until manufacturers adjust their top plate (eg above, only has space for 10 models)

There's 12 slots on that board, 13 if you count the goal slot. That pic is a bit deceiving because one of the players at the front is Greede and either Coin or a ball is hidden at the back. There's also a spare slot to the right of the goal.

Yep, 13 on Wolves Glade, always has been. Double checked mine when they made that announcement as I have 2 inserts for different themed teams. Rings and flat discs included so you can fill the holes you might not need.

1688259497_TrayInsertsb.JPG.9356f91b4dd861623c1011552370cbd4.JPG

So they only won’t work in season 4 if you take brainpan/memory or averisse/greede?

That’s lucky! Not for me, because I like brainpan and memory, but for most others :)

7 hours ago, Mako said:

So they only won’t work in season 4 if you take brainpan/memory or averisse/greede?

That’s lucky! Not for me, because I like brainpan and memory, but for most others :)

Rat catchers have two 50mm models.

27 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Rat catchers have two 50mm models.

The guy is awesome and will make custom inserts if you just ask. I have one with two 50mm slots and they fit on the tray just fine.

14 hours ago, Mako said:

Memory and Greede will easily sit in the spaces between the other 30mm holes, especially if you texture/base your insert. I usually put a ball in that space, or you could just put them in the side compartments or model something on the insert to hold a 30mm base still. As @supertzar said, you can just ask Dave to make a different layout for you.

10 minutes ago, Who scores with a dog? said:

With MP Designs trays the miniature tray has been re-design with 15 miniature slots. I'll be putting pics on my page soon.

I'd put pics here but for some reason the forum won't let me.

You have to use an Image hosting site like Imgur.

SATS-did you base those trays yourself? Those look awesome!

Thanks for all the advice guys! I look at Guild Ball like golf; I might not do well, but I’m going to look damn good while I’m playing!!!

9 minutes ago, Kilion said:

Thanks for all the advice guys! I look at Guild Ball like golf; I might not do well, but I’m going to look damn good while I’m playing!!!

There should totally be a tournament dress code. Plus fours in bright colours :D

22 hours ago, Kilion said:

SATS - did you base those trays yourself? Those look awesome!

Yeah, wanted to make sure they matched my teams' basing scheme. Too much water & PVA makes the MDF warp though, so had to be careful.

This might be a bit off-topic, but how do you guys feel when opponents don't have an actual tray?

I myself use a carpenter's toolbox for example (yes, really!), and I know of some that still use cardboard boxes.

19 hours ago, Nykolae said:

This might be a bit off-topic, but how do you guys feel when opponents don't have an actual tray.

Couldn't care less what they have. For me, the tray is to make it easier for me to move my models and widgets around the room during events. The first 2-3 I went to without a tray was a pain in the neck, as I don't want to put all my models back in and out of my case every time, and I had to repack all my dice back in their little box. I was a complete faff having to shift them every game, wasting time and getting me stressed as I rushed to pack up so the next round could start. With a tray, everything is contained, has it's space, is easily accessible and the models can quickly and easily be put on the top, ready for me to choose which to use and displayed nicely for the painting judges.

If something other than a tray suits you better, that's fine. Whatever makes you less stressed and more organised.