Riozaki

What to do about corsair

It is no secret that SFG doesn't want fish to be brawlers.  We are not meant to challenge the heavy hitters like farmers, butcher, and brewers. That being said as is right now Corsair and gutter make for a strong team of slaying those foolish enough to come close.  That being said we have 35 days until the navigators are released and we lose the precious gutter.  How do people plan on playing corsair once we lose union, is he still going to be viable or will shark just become king until season 4.  AnyoneInsert other media 's thoughts on the matter?

Corsair is still going to be strong, but his game is going to change.

He can either be played alongside the strikers, (for example Angel, Fathom, aSakana, Greyscales) and use rough seas to pull the ball off people and pass it around to score goals, or he can go for a 2-2 play. The 2-2 will still be strong as vSakana has a similar damage track to gutter. If you pair him with vSakana and Jac, you can use Corsair to drag people in, and Jac and vSakana to help take them out. His damage output won't change, but he is going to be generating less momentum from it.

Not generating momentum is massive though to the point where investing influence into non-momentous damage instead of momentous results and kicking will become a hindrance to the team actually being able to win.

18 hours ago, Riozaki said:

It is no secret that SFG doesn't want fish to be brawlers.  We are not meant to challenge the heavy hitters like farmers, butcher, and brewers. That being said as is right now Corsair and gutter make for a strong team of slaying those foolish enough to come close.  That being said we have 35 days until the navigators are released and we lose the precious gutter.  How do people plan on playing corsair once we lose union, is he still going to be viable or will shark just become king until season 4.  AnyoneInsert other media 's thoughts on the matter?

At this point in time, your best bet is to pray that the boat from China doesn't come in on time. ;)

The only thing I can add is that oSakana has momentous 1 on 3 with anatomical and can give weak point to Corsair. Also, Kraken can drag and KD for Corsair and has momentous 3 on 5. I know it's not much, but it's all there is in-guild. Going to have to rely on some non-momentous damage if you're going to go 2-2.

Pity Azimuth isn't a crossover. :(

I usually play Corsair more as a control piece going for a 2-2 in the following team:

- Corsair
- Tentacles
- Siren
- Kraken
- Angel/Jac/Hag/oSakana/Greyscales

Depending on the Guild the last ones are interchangeable.

The normal idea is to get an early goal with Angel with supershot and one leg stance this can be done from 12" 😎
Then either let her snapshot at 12" or score another goal.

Then you have 4 pieces (Corsair/Kraken/Siren/Hag)to set-up 2 shove-offs by either:

- Kraken
- Tentacles
- Jac

As of now in s3, we still have access to Gutter. She loves KD models that are crowded out with her short play book and anatomical precision. For s4 we have no idea what Corsair is going to look like yet to know how he will run with Fisherman. It is less then a month away. I have been running pretty consistently Corsair, Tentacles, Sakana (will replace with VSakana if their ball kill tech is high defense models in cover; Friday) Hag, Siren, and Gutter as my Union option. The list plays pretty well, it can swing from take outs verse goals when needed, but you have to be patient. You can't over advance the bubble of Corsair, if he over extends it makes a mess of the list. The strength lies in the 2" melee zones lowering enemy TAC and crowd outs spiking the damage dice with wraps. A lot of times Siren in on the flank using Lure on models I want out of the action for a turn. When the team I am facing is just nasty at takeouts, I'll still flex to Shark, if I feel Corsair can't handle it, like Butchers led Ox. I reset the scrum with Hag, if they are starting to advantage over my take out ability. When they run VRage Hag is clutch for anti VRage legendary turn. VRage wants to send models in to take advantage of his tech, the activation before he comes in and has sent multiple models for the crowd outs, I just legendary with Hag and move them all out of threats of my team. This forces the VRage player to reset again, and hopefully Corsair has taken a key piece out like Gutter or VFangtooth before he can try again the next turn. A lot of Union players are surprised to see Corsair, they assume Shark. Now the one team Corsair has a rough time verse is the new Blacksmith's led by Anvil, the higher then average armor, the access to VCinder, just deletes Fish faster then Corsair can handle. On a charge under instruction with tool up, Siren is dead. Then you better not bring her anywhere near VCinder again, or they are going to keep getting two free VP again. This match up is all Shark, just keep that in mind. Oh one more thing when kicking off verse Hunters and Engineers always use Siren, with beautiful they are forced to over extend to start their range play tricks, which plays into what we want to do.