Stubbyholders

Windfinder KD off Playbook Eye Spy

Does a model suffer KD, from Windfinder, due to Stormwind Trait, if Windfinder triggers the Eye Spy off the playbook, and then throws it at a separate model. 

ie. Windfinder hits model A, gets 3 net results, chooses to use Eye Spy on Model B. Does Model B still become Knocked down because of this? 

The reason I ask is,  this is similar to Momentous Inspiration and Sucker Punch, which has been ruled, DOES NOT generate Momentum, because a successful Hit is required and that needs a TN test.... which does not happen when your throw something off the playbook at a secondary model.

please help :)

I'd say the player is KD'ed.

Where Momentous Inspiration requires a successful hit, Stormwind simply requires the enemy model to be hit; the first refers to a TN test's dice result, whereas the second refers to the result of an action.

Since the wording on Glutonous Mass is a lot more similar (imo) to Stormwind's than Momentous Inspiration's, and GM applies on Playbook-triggered Character Plays, that's how I'd play it at least...

1 hour ago, Ruffy said:

Would a model with Glutonous Mass hit by Eye Spy (and ignoring it) still suffer the KD?

GM negates the trait, the same as Duelist's Lung.

Hate to bring this back up, but I’m after a little clarification here as it appears there were two different questions posted in this thread and I’m not sure what the ruling was referring to. 

If I was to pay influence to hard cast eye spy on a resilience model, that model would ignore the character play, but surely would still be count as being hit by a character play so Stormwind would still knock them down? Right?

I’d just like to carry this on a little as well, according to the comprehensive timing sequence for character plays, Stormwind would trigger at 2.3.1, at the same time as resilience. Meaning you would not continue down the chain because of resilience, but you would still have the effects of Stormwind occur. 

607FE9E9-C064-40BC-9292-DBF1A63062F5.jpeg

Can you explain why this doesn’t stick to the timing sequence? 

Or previous rulings on timing?

the reason why I ask is because according to the timing sequence, Stormwind and resilience trigger at the same time. When that happens it should be down to the active player to decide which goes first, which would be the Navs player and Stormwind would take precedence. 

1 hour ago, Saje said:

Can you explain why this doesn’t stick to the timing sequence? 

The nature of special rules is that they sometimes ignore basic rules.

Question has been answered, locking thread.