Sign in to follow this  
m.jäger

Minor guild speculation

So in the key nodes they said that after the cooks there will be a darker red color team for the minor guild. So it must be the engis. So after a few minor's now what do you think or even hope for the theme to be? I am thinking of a tesla/electro kinda vibe. Or maybe physicians? Something like cygnar in warmachines. Electroshock condition? Forfeit your movement to remove the condition. 

What do u have in mind?

I'd also been considering electricity as a theme but I don't think we have seen any sign of it in the setting as of yet either. 

Physicians guild doesn't play guild ball. They are neutral and paid a stipend by every other guild. 

What I relly like to see, Hoist becoming full Sentient, Pin Vice makes Him Vet. Cap. for the Minor Guild (Mechanika Union?) and their thing is going full Jank, modularity just buffs what you need.

(Hoist back card has to change though for S4, best would be giving though hide and sturdy to Locus, and Locus gives Stoic to Hoist).

Exchange players would be Vet. Velocity and Locus.

On the other Hand a Guild that focus soley on ranged plays, more so than Falconers, probaly a Guild wide rule to reroll range CP? 

Exchange players would be Ratchet  and Salvo. 

I expect exchange players to be V. Velocity and either Locus or Salvo. The tendency seems to be for the least used players to be those who can "play down".

Vet captain Hoist would be fun but so would Vet Captain Ratchet for mechanica guild. A mechanica guild would be good, true.

Clockmakers Guild or Steamfitters Guild seems more likely though with the first being higher probability. Especially if V. Vel and Locus are the options. Of course Inventors Guild with Ratchet and Salvo being the main guild options would be OK, too.

My money's on Clockworkers. Where the engineers build large devices, machines and mechanica, the Clockworkers build watches and other small devices. Play downs would probably be Ratchet and Harriet?

It would be my desire to see the Clockmakers Guild as mentioned above. Some Character Plays that work in a similar fashion to Silence to represent their influence over time through influencing game timing would be nifty. Maybe effects that would compel opponents to take certain actions before, or after, others. Perhaps something to make the opponent re-roll successes, or allow you to re-roll friendly failures because the team has already played this game and are attempting to influence the outcome! 

Something more than just influencing the next player activation so as to not simply copy Silence's abilities, or that of skills such as Lure and Puppet Master. More akin to how Ratcatchers give you the option of how to hurt yourself; your opponent may still choose how they act, just not necessarily when. 

Swing player possibilities: Vet. Velocity, Slavo, or Locus. But V.V. for sure.

Captain: I think that the team's captain should somehow be modeled off of Dr. Emmett Brown and should have an ability called "Great Scott!!!" I couldn't tell you what the effect would be though.

Mascot: Another construct, but not of an animal. Something similar to Flask. Maybe an R2 unit! That way if it doesn't do what you want it to, you can complain to your opponent that your R2 unit has a bad motivator. 

There would have to also be a Squadie that is inspired by Time Bandits. That would be the cherry on top.

19 hours ago, Rowsdower said:

Captain: I think that the team's captain should somehow be modeled off of Dr. Emmett Brown and should have an ability called "Great Scott!!!" I couldn't tell you what the effect would be though.

Mascot: Another construct, but not of an animal. Something similar to Flask. Maybe an R2 unit! That way if it doesn't do what you want it to, you can complain to your opponent that your R2 unit has a bad motivator. 

Great Suggestion, that would be really great for a Captain from the Clockmakers. 

I think some of SFG even like Rick and Morty (series inspired by Back to the Future), so the the Mad/Crazy Inventor isn‘t so far away.