Sign in to follow this  
malladin.ben

Squinty-eyed Cooks Spoilers

So it does, seems alternate balls may have gone the way of the dodo then! 

Though I still assume they’d get an alt sculpt - that would be very noticeable as a drop...

I can understand why. Costs can get expensive desgining and making 10 custom balls. I'm just pouting cause the stinky Fish minors get a special ball and the super awesome Butchers guild don't. 😖

33 minutes ago, Mako said:

I think horizon is the store alt for the navigators?

Seems quite odd if suddenly no release event ball or store alt happens. Maybe it’s just early days and they’ll become apparent later?

Horizon is the ALT for Nav's. We've not heard either way about a store alt for Cooks, but there probably will be one.

The cooks launch pack comes with 8x sets of Cooks guild cards instead of the balls.

One thing I think we can say from looking at the launch kit image is that every card back seems to have 2 traits. Given one of these will be intimidation, what do we think the others will be?

My guesses (far too small to read)

Roast: resilience (new glut mass)

Cinnamon: swift strikes (She looks like a dodgy sort of fast player but has little in the way of dodges on her playbook)

Spice: berserk (spoiled at UK nationals)

Sugar: burning passion (maybe being optimistic expecting a built in damage buff, but her only play is fire blast and it makes for a more interesting activation order decision if she isn't just about turning on Spice's intensify)

Pepper:  I can see him getting some sort of unique boost, possibly themed around running up trouser legs, maybe denying counter attacks if that's not too powerful (it is in a mascot after all)

With pepper being very similar in many ways to salt, I can also see loved creature (although I'm really not sure that fits the look of the model), I can also see the possibility for get over here on one of the squaddies (sugar?)

Wellington: anatomical precusion (lots of mention of blade sharpening in the fluff, plus TAC 5 with intimidate is a little bit worse than tac 7, do as a butchers-ish captain this seems a little on the low side adding anatomical as well boost him up closer to fillet level TAC. possibly thats too much when he's got singled out, but the only clue we've got is the fluff)

That said, given there does only look to be 2 blocks of text on all 6 cards, perhaps Wellington doesnt have a second trait, only his legendary play, or perhaps he doesnt have a LP.

There's no backs of the cards on that image, so I really don't understand where this all is coming from. The ones that might look like them are the Menu Cards (special rules for the Launch Party).

But I like your speculations. ;)

7 hours ago, Sid said:

There's no backs of the cards on that image, so I really don't understand where this all is coming from. The ones that might look like them are the Menu Cards (special rules for the Launch Party).

But I like your speculations. ;)

Yes, I think you're right. There's a card fan on the poster that looks like it might be the card backs, but in retrospect it does seem like it's the menu cards.

Ah well.

In other speculation, though, I think it's the last navigators spoiler this week but the community event doesn't start until the 24th Sep, so may be we'll get some cooks spoilers starting next week. It's 9 weeks until the release of the launch pack, though, so it might be a bit early, but we've been getting something every week so far so I guess it'll be one of the two, so plenty to be discussing whatever.

On 8/21/2018 at 5:08 PM, malladin.ben said:

Yes, I think you're right. There's a card fan on the poster that looks like it might be the card backs, but in retrospect it does seem like it's the menu cards.

Ah well.

In other speculation, though, I think it's the last navigators spoiler this week but the community event doesn't start until the 24th Sep, so may be we'll get some cooks spoilers starting next week. It's 9 weeks until the release of the launch pack, though, so it might be a bit early, but we've been getting something every week so far so I guess it'll be one of the two, so plenty to be discussing whatever.

At the bottom of the Ebb article, it says that they will be spoiling some of the changed season 4 cards from next week.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:34 PM, Wynter said:

Re: Traits, I think we can assume that Cinnamon has Charmed [Everything]

Pretty sure she would just have +1DEF instead of Charmed [Everything]. :D

I don't think we'll get Cook spoilers until mid-late October. They are a November release so it would make sense to keep them for that, after the hubbub of S4 has died down. I think we're probably in the S4 channel until release in 6 weeks.

28 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I don't think we'll get Cook spoilers until mid-late October. They are a November release so it would make sense to keep them for that, after the hubbub of S4 has died down. I think we're probably in the S4 channel until release in 6 weeks.

Probably early October since their event kit comes in October. They will want to be at least started before it comes out and all the cards are seen. 

So Roast got revealed alongside the new butcher cards,  he has resilience as expected, and a new ability called "Big Belly" which allows him to push a model 1" after being damaged once per turn. The only guess that OP got wrong was the he has 2+ def rather than 3+, but he is definitely in the same power area. 

I definitely feel that "intimidating" is misnamed, the cooks are comical and grotesque rather than intimidating. "They Look Harmless..." feels like it would be more fitting for the group. 

Side note, am I the only one who hopes that Pepper has Vindictive (mascot) and Killer (mascot)?

2 hours ago, The Withdrawn said:

and a new ability called "Big Belly" which allows him to push a model 1" after being damaged once per turn.

It’s not once per turn, it’s every time he is damaged.

2 hours ago, The Withdrawn said:

So Roast got revealed alongside the new butcher cards,  he has resilience as expected, and a new ability called "Big Belly" which allows him to push a model 1" after being damaged once per turn. The only guess that OP got wrong was the he has 2+ def rather than 3+, but he is definitely in the same power area. 

I definitely feel that "intimidating" is misnamed, the cooks are comical and grotesque rather than intimidating. "They Look Harmless..." feels like it would be more fitting for the group. 

Side note, am I the only one who hopes that Pepper has Vindictive (mascot) and Killer (mascot)?

I love the sculpts, I love Roast.

Important: For Big Belly there's no where stated OPT! It is one or more Playbook damage results, so you don't bounce off multiple times from one attack

EDIT:To slow...

That's odd... it has the dot on the left that, up to this point, has indicated an ability that can only be used once per turn, they must have placed it on Big Belly by accident instead of resilience. 

The Dot doesn't stand for OPT. It stands for active trait. And Big Belly is an active Trait.

Traits without an dot are passive traits

"When an enemy model  damages this model with one or more playbook damage results, after the attack is resolved the enemy model suffers a 1" push directly away from this model".

This seems to be worded as a passive (lack of 'may') rather than as an active (and most actives and once per turn to be fair), which is now just confusing me. 

The push is an action, which defines it as active.

Passive traits do not have any actions.

(S3 ruling, might be different in a few hours)

So it looks like cinnamon might be the 2nd crossover model for butchers. Someone asked at steamcon and they said it’s a model with 2” melee and a character play that gives  +2/+2 move to friendly models

8 hours ago, Luthon1234 said:

So it looks like cinnamon might be the 2nd crossover model for butchers. 

Didn't they say at UK Nationals that Roast and Spice were the crossover squaddies.?

5 hours ago, Redmaw said:

Didn't they say at UK Nationals that Roast and Spice were the crossover squaddies.?

There have been conflicting reports on that. I think it wasn't openly stated, but some people spoke to someone after the event and got that out of them. This fully and officially confirms it, which isn't a bad thing. I've been sitting on a bit of knowledge about this under a NDA, but now it's officially out there I guess I can talk about it.

What is particularly interesting is that, if @Luthon1234 is correct, it confirms that she is 2" melee. Her card looks like she's 7"/9" movement with acrobatic and the +2"/+2" MOV buff ability which costs 1 INF, so a potentially formidable striker with a 15" threat to the ball, but weirdly without momentous dodges or tackle.

If she's already got momentum and the ball, or it's loose somewhere, she can acrobatic [1], get out there [1] and sprint [1] for 13" MOV then shoot presumably 6". If she's not got the ball she can acrobatics or get out there [1] and charge [2] for 11" MOV, 13" to range to the ball carrier. With Intimidation she's got a 47% chance of hitting a wrap on that charge vs 4/1 so that she can tackle and do some mom damage for the momentum, and then she's got one left for the shot.

Ben