Sign in to follow this  
malladin.ben

Squinty-eyed Cooks Spoilers

I'm going to use this thread to collate things seen and heard on various social media that people (and myself) have been able to discern about the cooks cards. If you have something to add or adjust, post below and I'll try and add it in. Most of it is best guess, so feel free to discuss if you see a thing differently. The tops of the cards are hardest to discern, kick especially.

This is coming from looking at a high res version of the launch event pack here: 1500x1500_65afbdb793ee99ffa1bf75b259ae6c

Wellington

MOV 5/8 (?), TAC 5, DEF 4/1, INF 4/? (Looks like another 4 to me, but that would be very unusual), melee 1", 15hp

Playbook:

:D::T::PD::KD:

:mom1::momGB::mom2::mom3:(:mom2::momPD:)

Chef's Special (1, 4"): while within 2" of target friendly model, friendly models gain +1 damage to playbook damage results.

Singled Out

Pepper (it is indeed called Pepper!)

MOV 7/9, TAC 3, DEF 5/0, INF 1/2, Melee 1", 6hp

Playbook

:D::T:

:mom1::mom2::GB:

Where'd They Go

Cinnamon

MOV 7/9?, TAC 4, DEF 4/0, INF 2/4, Melee 2", 11hp

Playbook

-   :T:  -  :PD:

:mom1::D::mom2::mom3:

Acrobatic

On the Move (1, 4") : when starting an advance within 2" of target friendly model, friendly models gain +2/+2 MOV.

Sugar

MOV 6/8, TAC 4, DEF 3/1, INF 2/4, Melee 1", 13hp

Playbook

:T::D::DD:

:mom1::mom2::momGB::3:

Fire Blast (although this seems to be playbook triggered now, momentously, too, which is VERY nice, and might have some interesting knock-on implications for alchemists)

Spice

MOV 6/8, TAC 5, DEF 4/0, INF 2/2* Melee 2", 14hp

* Could easily be 1/2 or even 1/3, really difficult to tell.

Playbook

- (:2::D:):DD:

:mom1:   :momGB:   :mom2::T::mom3:

Intensify (!!)

Turn up the heat (1/GB): 2" Pulse. Enemy models within this pulse suffer the burning condition.

Berserk

Roast

MOV 4/8, TAC 6, DEF 2/0, INF 1/4 Melee 1", 18hp

Playbook

-      :GB:    :PP:

(:mom1::momP:):KD:(:mom2::momP:)(:mom3::momP:):T:(:mom4::momP:)

Get it While It's Hot (1, 4"): while within 2" of target friendly model, friendly models spend 1 less influence to charge

Turn up the heat (see Spice)

Resilience

Big Belly: When an enemy model damages this model with one or more playbook damage results, after the attack is resoled the enemy model suffers a 1" push directly away from this model.

My god this guy is SOOOO good.

Overall they seem to have very strong fronts of cards so quite possibly not much more beyond intimidate on the backs, but still looking like a very strong guild.

No kick stats? 

Liking Cinnamon and Spice. With intensify though, will Spice be one of the call ups or not? That seems a bit icky on a Fillet team. 

23 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

No kick stats? 

Liking Cinnamon and Spice. With intensify though, will Spice be one of the call ups or not? That seems a bit icky on a Fillet team. 

Kick stats are too blurry. 

Most likely Roast and Spice are the call ups since they were both shown in the previews.

Agreed, kicks are too blurry to tell (6" vs 8" would be practically indistinguishable even at a bigger scale).

You can surely tell Pepper has 1/4" though. ;) 

1 hour ago, Redtiger7 said:

No kick stats? 

Kick stats? Who cares about that? Go find the Fish forum 😜

I believe Roast and Cinnamon are the play-ups

I will admit to a little disappointment, I was hoping Pepper’s play would be an aoe thing. Possibly called “a good blast” :P

Interesting probability information: if spice is TAC 5 and attacking 4/1 a model Wellington has singled out and roast knocked down, she wraps to intensify 54% of the time. It a bit of set up, but not really magical Christmas land (tm). That means statistically 6 intensifies in 4 attacks. If you hit 1 dmg under chefs special when you don't wrap to 2 that's 16 dmg to your main target and 12 to anyone else in range, especially if Roast has been able to turn up the heat beforehand.

Thanks for typing this all out, had managed to make out most of the same and was considering posting it.

These guys look really good to me based on the fronts of their cards. Obviously it's incomplete info but it's a strong start, lots of damage potential and the format of their aura plays is great. Tons of activation-to-activation optimization to do with those, especially Roast's play. Cool stuff, hyped for the guild. 

Chefs special might not work with intensify if that’s what your calculating. Though if she’s the crossover model oh boy ox keeps getting better and better.

im kinda worried that ox might get nerfed now.

I am super excited for this team. I love playing Butchers and my main guild is Alchs so this seems like a perfect mix of the two.

Intimidate is the -1 Def right?

Great ! I wanted some condition throwing models, and we got Roast and Spice! Of course bleed would have been to good. But hey :D Can't wait to see the whole cards. 

The guild look sweet with a cool dynamic leaning towards execution in 2 activations which is good. Captain going in and then throwing some buff for the rest of the team is great, really straigtforward. And then the low TAC (low from a butcher point of view ;) ) is mitigated with the Intimidate rule! Defensive stance to the looooo.

And Roast with his "Get it While It's Hot" can't wait to play that with Fillet or other models and Ox :D❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️   

14 hours ago, Luthon1234 said:

Chefs special might not work with intensify if that’s what your calculating. Though if she’s the crossover model oh boy ox keeps getting better and better.

im kinda worried that ox might get nerfed now.

1. You're right, chef's special doesn't work with intensity.

2. She isn't (alas) (from what I've heard, it's Cinnamon)

3. Having been to the playtest event, all I can say is 🤐😈

3 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

Ah ! We got you !!!! Oh wait 😮 he did not say anything.

You are lucky that you can come to those event... the plane tickets are a bit too pricey just for a day playing figures :s 

Roast looks like an auto include with Wellington and Fillet, and probably Ox too if he's got a 4 INF cap.

With intimidation the cheap charge aura is a huge deal. You get so much more value out of those 4 extra dice with intimidation.

Fillet really wants a KD and push merchant to set things up for her, more than someone who can put out bleed. This is what harry used to do before he lost 2 TAC. Second column on TAC 6 with intimidate is much better than 3rd column on TAC 7, so he gets the crucial KD even more readily than Harry. 

Momentum and pushes and damage? Yes please! And after he's knocked someone down he's going to hit that 3dmg column pretty reliably, with a couple of crowd outs he gets to his 4dmg column.

Top of the round, you've won initiative. Drop off your charge aura on someone who's going to activate late and us near fillet. Declare a charge on your preferred target. If he gets glut mass they will probably do nothing - the KD is inevitable even if they def stance and the counter will do nothing. Find a spot that engages 2 models if you can, one should be whoever you think is going to be your biggest threat in their activation. Knock them both down, push the one that's a threat out of engagement. Now their big threat model can't easily activate next. Unless they're 2" melee they're going to get KDd again if they go in on Roast, if they are they're probably wasting an INF to proc his glut mass so limiting what else they can do with that activation and you can probably throw fillet into the other model and get her game going.

I was really hoping for a model like this with 2" melee, but looking at him, and assuming he has glut mass, I'm not sure you can expect the 2" melee, the rest of the card is just so strong. He doesn't have either then I think he's still decent, but you probably can't be as aggressive with him, but he's still solid as a support model, just taking 1 each turn for his aura.

Anyway, I may be reading WAAAYYYY more I to this than is there, but this is so much the model I've been asking for since the Harry nerf I'm super excited to get him on the table.

icing on the cake would have been melee 2 but hey! As you said, momentum pushes, a reliable KD and so huge value out of -1 inf charge. 

And we haven't seen the back of the card yet, he looks like the "tank/utility" player we where looking for.

55 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

1. You're right, chef's special doesn't work with intensity.

2. She isn't (alas) (from what I've heard, it's Cinnamon)

Oh god I should have come to this just to counter-balance your 'GIVE EVERY BUTCHER BERSERK AND FURIOUS' feedback!

Woooo I just thought, Shank with Roast can do his marvelous charge of 10" +2" melee and where'd they go and goal!

54 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

Oh god I should have come to this just to counter-balance your 'GIVE EVERY BUTCHER BERSERK AND FURIOUS' feedback!

You should, you would have seen how reasonable and restrained I was 🤣.

Cooks weren't part of the event, but it looks like I've got furious for everyone at least 😝

13 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

You should, you would have seen how reasonable and restrained I was 🤣.

Cooks weren't part of the event, but it looks like I've got furious for everyone at least 😝

KHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Unless the back of his card is completely blank, Roast should no question be in all Cooks lists and probably be in all Butchers lists too. Dude's a monster.

If you're right that Roast and Cinnamon are the crossovers, I'd say that's ample payment for losing Decimate/Second Wind from Butchers. The two Cooks' character plays make Fillet's turn one much more oppressive. Given that you also get Momentum turn one as the kicker in Season 4, pretty sure once Cooks are out I'll be choosing to kick in most matchups

Definitely like the look of them so far - and that's without 'tasty' (see what I did there) reveals of the back of cards. These guys look like A1 murderers. Put them into Butchers could give them a huge boost + whatever S4 does. I wonder how good they will be at football. My gut says they will be a bunch of 3/6s (given SFG have said they want the ball played more). 

Another thing noticed in the photo. No theme ball for the launch event. :( I suppose the full guild cards are cheaper to produce than balls. But I notice Navigators got thiers. How unfair. Hashtag Guttertobutchers. 🤣

I wonder if Cooks are also getting a LE figure for the  local stores.I forget, are Navigators?

I think horizon is the store alt for the navigators?

Seems quite odd if suddenly no release event ball or store alt happens. Maybe it’s just early days and they’ll become apparent later?