Saje

What player would you like to see from the Free Cities Draft?

What player would you like to see from the Free Cities Draft?  

43 members have voted

1. 2. What position?

• Central Midfielder
    • Attacking Midfielder
    • Defensive Midfielder
    • Centre Back
    • Striker
    • Winger
    • Goalkeeper
  2. 3. Master or Apprentice?

• Master
    • Apprentice

What player would you like to see from the Free Cities Draft? I've also added a choice for if you would rather see a Master or an Apprentice. Whilst I doubt any rookie coming in would be a Master, it surely can't be ruled out...

One could certainly be a master Blacksmith without ever having set foot on the GB pitch, particularly with the manner in which the BS guild operates their team and the open invitation to all members.

I’d like to see a Master Goalkeeper. Kinda like an ice hockey goal keeper, but with two massive shields to block the goal. That’d be boss.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:43 PM, Starlight said:

One could certainly be a master Blacksmith without ever having set foot on the GB pitch, particularly with the manner in which the BS guild operates their team and the open invitation to all members.

I’d like to see a Master Goalkeeper. Kinda like an ice hockey goal keeper, but with two massive shields to block the goal. That’d be boss.

ARM 4? Ho Ho!

A bit more information from Sherwin about this on the Roll Better Podcast.

Voting on here will make more sense when we know more about the players involved.

Late September apparently.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:54 AM, The Old Buzzard said:

ARM 4? Ho Ho!

As of right now the standard def/arm is 5, so 2/3 is more likely. But a dual shield user with something like aprotective fit for character plays would be amazing.

17 minutes ago, Rugi said:

Sounds like vet Burnish as a goal keeper

While that would be cool, I would prefer someone new so we could have them and burnish :D
But we def need another master to balance out vet cinder.

13 minutes ago, Rugi said:

Since Furnace aparently died, it is only fair that the only fire oriented master left becomes he tutor :)

Season Cinder BWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although this is a character I've designed for a personal project I don't mind giving it up if a better company can do it justice :D

Like the idea of a fist weapon user, big gauntlets and a Furnace style forge on his back. He can swing it round, dip his hands in and now he punches with molten steel.

If Knockedown leaves an AOE of fire as it spills out.

Likely would be a Master in this instance but designed him as I said to fit my game so could play about with it for GB

i like the idea of the double shield user but i fear it would encroach into anvil territory.  Maybe a master of ranged weapons. Burnish does fire but we dont really have anyone similar to ballista or theron.

A Master who uses crucibles full of motel metal as slings would be cool. Give him/her Blind, and a new 2CP character play, range 6". Target model suffers the Burning condition and gains +2 armour.

So people have been mentioning existing players. I thought the thing with the free cities draft is that we have a bunch of new and never seen before Rookies coming into the league and teams vying for them so I wouldn't expect any vet players to be recruited as a rookie...

11 hours ago, masterkdog said:

So people have been mentioning existing players. I thought the thing with the free cities draft is that we have a bunch of new and never seen before Rookies coming into the league and teams vying for them so I wouldn't expect any vet players to be recruited as a rookie...

You have a fair point,  they would probably be apprentices as well.  How about a Rookie healer type, someone who patches up smiths when they hurt themselves (their craft can be dangerous)

7 hours ago, Riozaki said:

You have a fair point,  they would probably be apprentices as well.  How about a Rookie healer type, someone who patches up smiths when they hurt themselves (their craft can be dangerous)

Being a guild ball rookie has nothing to do with whether the player is a master or apprentice. See Farris, for example

given that Furnace is presumibly dead and cinder swapped from winger to attacking midfielder (I'm one of those strange guys who plays fluffwise, so cinder is no more playable as vCinder exists and furnace won't be available in the near future) I hope to get a new master to replace furnace. My options are Knuckles as a kind of tough/sturdy guy able to hold the ground and push enemies where he wants them to be (quite similar to furnace in fact) or Gaffer, a coach meant to be in the same place as furnace not a shining star burning fuel but boosting allies. One of wich is described as "iron jaw" and the other is the most experienced player in draft given that experience is, mostly if not always, gained through practice, the truth is that practice, practice and practice makes you to become a master.

having 5 attacking midfielders(bolt, vcinder, farrice, iron, sledge), 2 strikers(allow, ferrite), 1 winger(cast), 2 centre back(anvil, hearth) and 1 defensive midfielder(burnish), I'm intentionally excluding cinder as winger and furnace as central midfielder, I don't see the point of a goalkeeper. blacksmiths need to push opponents out of ther goal as a whole and for that we have great anvils (such as anvil, hearth and burnish) and brutal hammers (sledge, vcinder, iron) aided by those who close the gaps (bolt, cast, farris). A goalkeeper in blacksmiths would be alone and would be a desperate measure when the team as a whole had already failed.

I see the point of a goalkeeper when you need to avoid contact and have little access to good counter attacks.

A defensive midfielder o a central midfielder/coach would fit, imho, in blacksmiths playstyle. specially if we're hoping to reinforce the gap left by furnace and a master. 

If you’re playing like that, I guess it depends on whether Furnace is dead before the draft or after, as the elements of the team are quite different in each case.

I think we do want to have a master goalkeeper as long as it is not influence hungry.

One of the bigger problmes with the blacksmiths is the small influence pool which is entirely necessary for scoring setting up kills and scoring goals.

A completely classic goal keeper such Compound or especially Tenderiser is therefor exactly what I am wishing for in blacksmiths. Sit back, give your influence to others and eat up opponent's clock as they precisely measure every move to avoid being countercharged.

10 hours ago, The Old Buzzard said:

I maintain that Gaffer is the man we want. He is the only one of this troop that could have any credence as a master. There is loads of cool stuff he could have or do.

I agree here. I’ve been putting my games towards Gaffer.

I'm actually down for any model OTHER than Cutlass.   Spreading out is already hard with Blacksmiths and their 6" leashes to other models.  Adding yet another model on a short tether to the line up isn't my ideal.