Sign in to follow this  
PanzerHarris

Linked Activations and Goals

Could we get a confirmation on how Linked works with scoring a goal please, using Fathom as an example, and when any declaration is needed?

How I think it works is; 

- Fathom scores a goal 
- She decides whether or not to Run the Length 
- Her activation ends
- The Navigators / Fish player declares whether or not they will use Linked 
- Their opponent resolves the goal kick 
- The Linked player activates if the trait was used 

I'm not entirely sure whether the Linked declaration comes, and if it's before the goal kick or after. I believe it's before, but would be grateful for someone who knows these things to weigh in. 

I think you got it right, with the only exception that you make the decision to use Linked before your activation ends (at the same time as Run the Length).

Since Linked is an active trait, the decision to use it must be made before your activation ends. So you decide whether or not to use it at the same time you decide if you want to run the length.

Linked is an Active trait which either have to be used during a model's activation or when a defined requirement is met.

The requirement in this case is Fathom's activation ending.

The sequence would be:

- Fathom scores a goal 
- Her activation ends
- The Navigators / Fish player declares whether or not they will use Linked 
- Their opponent resolves the goal kick 
- The Linked player activates if the trait was used 

Since Linked is given as an Active trait, shouldn't it be chosen before the goal kick? After the goal, the activation ends and therefore an Active trait can't be activated anymore, right?

36 minutes ago, Nykolae said:

Since Linked is given as an Active trait, shouldn't it be chosen before the goal kick? After the goal, the activation ends and therefore an Active trait can't be activated anymore, right?

I'm not sure how to word it any clearer than this:

19 hours ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Linked is an Active trait which either have to be used during a model's activation or when a defined requirement is met.

The requirement in this case is Fathom's activation ending.