So If it was down to me this is what I would want:

1. A pure damage dealer. Someone who isn't stifled too much by Tough Hide, can be weak to counter attacks. 3/0 def, but can go upto 4 damage on playbook. 

2. A Planter Striker. Someone who can team up with Bushel and make her worthwhile, Maybe a 4/6 kicker who can plant a Harvest Marker everytime they make a kick.

3. Fast Winger. Either a fast moving planter (ideally 6"/9" move) Who can keep up with the pressure of moving upfield, Or a fast moving Reaper that can move further and do small increments of damage (think a cross between buckwheat and decimate)

4. A defensive midfielder who can provide def/arm buffs depending on harvest markers. ie. models in 1" gain +1 arm or def, the range increases by 1" for each harvest marker in 2" of the model. So 4 harvest markers is 4" bubble of +1 arm or def

On 7/25/2018 at 4:03 AM, Saje said:

A Planter Striker. Someone who can team up with Bushel and make her worthwhile, Maybe a 4/6 kicker who can plant a Harvest Marker everytime they make a kick.

Yes please.

Pretty sure the only information before the players get assigned to the teams is a bio and position, no rules or stats, so all we can really think about is what position does the team need more of. Striker is probably most important as Bushel is weak and it's too much to expect Thresher to score AND kill all the time.

The problem where going to have is that we are not a popular guild at the memonet. There is a poll on GuBS and farmers is last for favourite team, so we are unlikely to get popular choices such as strikers. Would probably be better to target something like a winger or attacking midfielder if we want something that gives us a more footballing option. These option are also more varied in there roll than strikers and can fill a support or attacking roll easier. Would also prefer a reaper over a planter to balance out the team as it currently stands at 7:6 to planters.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, Saje said:

2. A Planter Striker. Someone who can team up with Bushel and make her worthwhile, Maybe a 4/6 kicker who can plant a Harvest Marker everytime they make a kick.

Well, you won't know it's a Planter until the rules for the model are finalized, which will be long after the draft. But this does make a lot of sense. Though so do your other suggestions. I'm intrigued by the fast Winger idea - it reminds me that the Farmers really don't have a "fast" model, other than Bushel and Tater, do they? I mean, the mascots are fast, especially Peck, and plenty of models have an 8" sprint. But nothing that really says Winger type speeds... I wonder how well that would work in Farmers - probably would need to be a Planter?

*edit* And there you go - Edge, a Winger.

Strikers - Bushel

Wingers - Jack Straw, Grace?

Attacking Midfielders - Fallow, Tater

Central Midfielder - Ploughman

Defensive Midfielder - Harrow, Bendiction?

Centre Back - Millstone, Windle

Coach - Honour

Goalie -

So we currently don’t have a goalie, even if millstone can act as a seudo goalie. I really don’t like goalie play styles, so I will not be pushing for one. 

I don’t believe any striker or attacking midfielder would be a planter. I don’t believe central or defensive midfielders would be reapers. 

Ideally I would like to draft another striker for some more ball presence, but I just don’t think we have the popularity to pull it off. Amber seems cool at the moment, but with tater and fallow available, I don’t see a need for an attacking midfielder, and I think that position will be popular as well. I’m leaning towards Edge right now, likely a reaping winger to complement Jack Straw. I think a reaping winger could have some mixture of ball and takeout threat. I think striker, attacking midfielder, and winger will be the most popular draft picks.

What do you guys feel we’re lacking in? I personally feel like we need more ball retrieval/pressure, which is leaning towards one of the more forward positions. Would be wild if the last draft spoiler was a captain, I don’t think we would need to compete for that though. Im planning on logging at least two submissions a week, would be cool if we could get all of us on the same page :)

Edit: this is assuming all current players maintain similar play styles in season 4  

Well, a Striker was scouted this morning. I understand your frustration with Bushel, but I feel she's going to get a boost in S4. She's also one of the few models that has tech to get around Close Control. I wouldn't include either Grace or Benedictions in your plans - as of S4, and the anointing of the Order as an official minor guild, they won't play for anybody but Order and Union. You are right, I think, that Farmers are thin one ball pressure - but - there are 7 models in faction w/ a T on 1 or 2, half or so of it momentous. 2 of those are captains and one a mascot, mind you, and many of those models are fairly slow. So a Striker or a Winger could likely help there - but so could a midfielder. Isn't that a midfielders role, to try and dislodge the ball from the opponent? Fallow and Tater are excellent attacking midfielders, and Ploughman is being rebuilt to fulfill his role of slowing the opponent to a crawl I think. Does Harrow fill the role as defensive midfielder? I don't know - that might be something to consider too; a defensive midfielder who might have some ball retrieval jank.

Well we know based on Ploughman that all of the playbooks are going to get a complete rework, so we can't really rely on those early tackles. But regardless of how early they are, I never feel like I have ball pressure even when they are there, and I think the play style of each model won't change drastically. Attacking midfielder in my mind is the alpha strike damage dealer (vdeci as an extreme example), whereas the strikers and wingers are more ball threatening models whose activations can be expended by focusing on the ball. It looks like farmers are going to focus a lot more on takeouts (2dmg on 1st column on every model), so I believe attacking midfielders should be set in their role of doing damage. A reaping winger would be interesting, wingers usually play off the side of the pitch away from the scrum, so ranged planters (Jack) would probably be necessary.

I don't want another striker due to being frustrated with Bushel (I feel like she'll get some buffs as well), its that I think that a striker would add a lot more depth in strategy for the farmer play style, making a 2-2 win more feasible. Again, this is all based on wild speculation on a few sentences of Ploughmans blog, we may have a crazy good ball team come season 4 release, but it doesn't seem likely.  And everyone is going to want strikers, besides fish.

1 hour ago, Kconj said:

Well we know based on Ploughman that all of the playbooks are going to get a complete rework, so we can't really rely on those early tackles. But regardless of how early they are, I never feel like I have ball pressure even when they are there, and I think the play style of each model won't change drastically. Attacking midfielder in my mind is the alpha strike damage dealer (vdeci as an extreme example), whereas the strikers and wingers are more ball threatening models whose activations can be expended by focusing on the ball. It looks like farmers are going to focus a lot more on takeouts (2dmg on 1st column on every model), so I believe attacking midfielders should be set in their role of doing damage. A reaping winger would be interesting, wingers usually play off the side of the pitch away from the scrum, so ranged planters (Jack) would probably be necessary.

I don't want another striker due to being frustrated with Bushel (I feel like she'll get some buffs as well), its that I think that a striker would add a lot more depth in strategy for the farmer play style, making a 2-2 win more feasible. Again, this is all based on wild speculation on a few sentences of Ploughmans blog, we may have a crazy good ball team come season 4 release, but it doesn't seem likely.  And everyone is going to want strikers, besides fish.

Alchs may not want one either, over some other areas. But ok, sounds good. So your vote is for Layne then? Because we may not see another Striker...

Yeah, true Alchs don’t need a striker. At the moment, my vote is for Edge. I don’t think we can compete for Layne with the more popular guilds, maybe I’m off base tho and no one wants a striker.

We’ll definitely have a vote or something though once the rest have been released. 

30 minutes ago, Kconj said:

😮 Kami has pistols... rule of cool night supercede logic for the draft lol

Yeah, but that could translate into stuff like Kill the Ball, or goofy ball dislodging abilities like Harriet. She's no great footballer, obviously, but she may still have some ball pressuring abilities.

Yeah definitely, based on the description she’ll probably have some ball pressure abilities that I would like to see on farmers. Plus a nobility with pistols on farmers is pretty funny, would like to see how they fit her into the team.

Layne is described as a striker that’s possibly better than shark, brisket, flint, or mist. That seems hyperbolic to me but would be awesome to have a mist in farmers.

I’ve been looking around at other team threads, and Layne might not be as popular as I first thought. I think Layne and Kami are at the top for me atm. 

3 hours ago, Kconj said:

Yeah definitely, based on the description she’ll probably have some ball pressure abilities that I would like to see on farmers. Plus a nobility with pistols on farmers is pretty funny, would like to see how they fit her into the team.

Layne is described as a striker that’s possibly better than shark, brisket, flint, or mist. That seems hyperbolic to me but would be awesome to have a mist in farmers.

I’ve been looking around at other team threads, and Layne might not be as popular as I first thought. I think Layne and Kami are at the top for me atm. 

Yeah... unless Shark gets a nerf, there's no WAY a squaddie Striker will be better than Shark. And if he is, he'll be made of... what's more fragile than glass? Crystal? SFG resin? Still, if a Striker is what the Farmers need... Although, since we've seen two Attacking Midfielders now, we might possibly see another Striker. I was just assuming there would only be one model for each position, but clearly that's wrong.

Hey y'all!

I'm quite new to Guildball, but I have quite a bit of regular playtime in warmahordes. So please take my views with a bit of salt. Newbie talking. 

I adore the Farmers asthetic and will focusing a lot of my playtime on them for the moment (they're the only team I own atm as well ^^). 

As was said earlier, I think we should focus the most on the least popular draftees that could still do good work for us. And I agree as well that scoring goals is something that farmers have quite a bit of problems with because we like to stand around in a tight group and protect our models, harvest markers and possibly the ball. The way I understand to score goals for us is to include some attacking midfielders, that can contribute to the scrum and break out at the end of the game, to steal a goal when the fighting went well. Our low def on the other hand doesn't protect us against someone stealing our ball from the scrum anyway, dodging out and scoring goals. 

I think we would need someone that can run around the scrum, and steal the ball or possible hold on to the ball and pass it to the attacking midfielders before they can break out and score. I think this would be a Winger. Jackstraw kind of does exactly that, but he can only get his speediness if there are either well-placed markers there allready or if he spends to influence, at which point he can't attack and pass anymore. His tac is quite low as well (the momentous tackle on one is awesome though). 

Anyway, I think for now Edge is a good runner up for us. I don't think she is very popular, because goalies or strikers are more favored. If Layne is really not that popular around the forums, then he can probably be a great pick for us (I also love that he could grow his own plantbased drug if he was a farmer) 

I would probably stay away from kami, because she is very popular with those 2 guns and stuff. And we don't really need another attacking midfielder or goalie do we? We have Tater and fallow for attacking midfielder, and millstone is a great goalie if you really need one. 

Long story short, thanks for having me and reading this wall of text. I would be interested in your opinions

My current order is:

1. Edge - winger 

2. Amber - attacking mid

3. Layne - Striker 

4. Kami - attacking mid 

5. Cutless - goal keeper 

the top 3 all have a football focus which is what farmers is curntly missing and the top 2 feel like the can dual role as beaters. And the top choice of edge is that he Backstory sounds like she would be a good fit for the farms as she is all about the team.

looking forward to seeing the remaining 5

I presonally really like the idea of layne in farmers for fluff.  Hes a great striker with a substance issue. The farmers with their upright hard working values. Are great for a rehabilitation story complete with high family values.  I honestly dont think layne despite his "amazing ball" talent is high on anybody elses radar. Everyone else is interested in some of these other players (well then again i havent checked the brewer page but in pretty sure they are looking elsewhere.)  I also think knuckles and his family/gang values would be cool but there is no way in hell anyone is beating the butchers out to get him.

Flea sounds like a natural fit for farmers. (Or too obvious?) But also a good excuse to get another farmers model with a dog on the base! (Veteran Honour Mk II).

Dog models are always popular ... (just ask Russ! #DungeonsandDoggies)

Oddly enough I find my top pick to be on no one elses radar yet.

My big fave for farmers is Nomad.

Currently we only have one winger in Jackstraw. He plays a slightly tricky reposition game but id love to see that dialed up with a tricky playbook that I think we can find in Nomad.

His fluff describes him as charismatic and sparkling, Im picturing him with a small wagon going around selling on the guilds wares at major markets. 

On the pitch he'd be applying his salesmen knowledge to make enemy players think they are getting a better deal when the are clearly being swindled.

Some passive auras/playbooks may include.

Two for one sale: 4" Aura. At the start of the maintenance phase choose one friendly harvest marker within 4" of this model. That harvest marker is worth 2 influence.

You break it you bought it: 6" Aura. Once per turn this model may advance toward a harvest marker that has been removed by an enemy players sprint/charge action and make one attack without spending influence.

Flea is a bad choice for farmers in my opion. He is basically Harrow, they play in the same position and they both have an affinity for animals. His position is already filled. 

Also I think we are more in need of a reaper and he sounds like a planter, as he's not an 'aggressive' player, he's shy and lacks confidence which doesn't read as reaper to me.

@ShortcutBacon I don't read nomad as a sales man, he's sounds more like a bard. Still think he will be a good fit for us.

My top three, based on position, are Layne, Nomad, and Edge.

Based on popularity from least to most, would be Nomad, Edge, then Layne. 

My favorite of the three based on the scouting report is Layne, then Nomad, then Edge.

Makes a tough choice between Layne and Nomad, I’d be willing to pick all my reports towards either.