Laughnchill

Idea for farmer's minor guild

Bee keepers, they make bee tokens that have a pollination mechanic. Maybe a fly like ability or like bonuses for "swarming". Honey is a curative(arguably) substance that could be condition removal for farmers.  Maybe we wouldn't be able to get goal scoring but healing and token shenanigans (better than honour though) would be nice. An aoe that causes poison and damage cuz it's bees. Their mascot could be a giant bee. OR one of those bee boxes. The ideas just keep coming. 

As long the Captain's Legendary Play is 'COVERED IN BEEESSSS!' then I'm ALL IN. (ref Eddie Izzard when he was in his funny stage).

'NOT THE BEEESSSS' would also be acceptable. (ref unintentionally hilarious Wicker Man remake).

I'd like to see a Gardeners Guild. The focus being conditions from the harvest markers, speed and goal scoring. Sort of a mix between Hunters and Alchemists but less ranged abilities.

Theme would be a lot more foppish than the Farmers, less rugged and rough, a bit snooty/haughty instead.

Reaper style Captain with giant garden shears.

Mascot would be a giant plant that eats people - Audrey II

Harvest markers can be used by reaper equivalents to chuck out poison, snare and bleed depending on the player.

On 8/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, AspiringPacifist said:

How about a Pesticide Guild, if you want to go full on condition game?  Could be wearing gas masks and hazmat suits and stuff!

Where do you buy your veggies?

11 hours ago, AspiringPacifist said:

Well, I do live in the USA.  😄  I guess this a way of saying "be glad you don't"!

I'm growing them myself as a proper wannabe farmer 😜

I'm also rooting for a beekeepers guild, I think it would be hilarious and awesome. Lots of potential for cool models! Could also give the Farmers some ranged options.

How about a Veterinarians Guild?  Could be interesting getting some medical tools onto the pitch.

It's interesting to try and imagine which Farmers Guild members would play for any of these other guilds, fluff-wise.  I could see Harrow playing for the Veterinarians, though.  Would be funny if they did Veterinarians, and Buckwheat was a mascot for them, but they also had another mascot.

13 hours ago, AspiringPacifist said:

How about a Veterinarians Guild?  Could be interesting getting some medical tools onto the pitch.

It's interesting to try and imagine which Farmers Guild members would play for any of these other guilds, fluff-wise.  I could see Harrow playing for the Veterinarians, though.  Would be funny if they did Veterinarians, and Buckwheat was a mascot for them, but they also had another mascot.

I like it but what about a Herder Guild with all sorts of animals --> same idea as VHonour?
This opens up a combination of players with an animals on their base?
Also Harrow and VHonour would be a fit.

Some ideas for models:

- Billy The Kid (Real kid with a goat) ranged scatter of the ball/pushes?
- George ( with a goose)  --> hotshot attacks?
- Herny (with a dog) ranged tackle (retriever dog)?
- Mary (with a sheep/lamb) --> healer?
- Badger/mole as a mascott with burrow?
- Holly (with a horse)/ or a male with an Ox --> plow the fields?
- Barry (The insectkeeper) --> long ranged conditions?

Cheers

5 hours ago, Ruffy said:

Miller's Guild. Obviously, Millstone is a crossover player. :)

Well gee, that's a pretty obvious one. Why didn't I think of that??  Good call, although I can't think of many 2" melee weapons that could be justified (and I love 2" melee), except for maybe a large base model carrying a millstone on a rope or something.

5 hours ago, AspiringPacifist said:

Well gee, that's a pretty obvious one. Why didn't I think of that??  Good call, although I can't think of many 2" melee weapons that could be justified (and I love 2" melee), except for maybe a large base model carrying a millstone on a rope or something.

I'm sure you could smuggle in a Don Quixote type character with a lance somehow. :)

The box name should be either Meet the Millers or Miller Time.