Igpus

Our minor, the cooks Guild...

Honestly I really like the design of this team, they look a lot better than what I was imagining when we were all theory crafting on who our minor was. 

My only complaints are spice (she could be an easy fix by just messing with her legs a little ) and sugar but sugar is an ok model.

ive really been thinking about what we need because once cooks hit we’re Losing second wind. But with the changes to kick off maybe we don’t need second wind that bad. So im thinking that we’re either getting spice, and roast or spice and cinnamon. Spice looks like a damage dealer and cinnamon looks like a striker with reach which would be awesome to have in butchers and roast looks like a decent control piece that we also lack.

On 7/28/2018 at 3:20 AM, Selfy said:

Yeah, I can cope with the rest of them but Spice is an aberration. I hope she isn't dual guild.

I'll bet she is. She and the big guy. It's pretty typical for SFG to preview the cross-over players first, plus captain.

10 minutes ago, landstander said:

I'll bet she is. She and the big guy. It's pretty typical for SFG to preview the cross-over players first, plus captain.

That wasn’t the case for the Navigators, so there’s not really a pattern anymore.

14 minutes ago, Falkman said:

That wasn’t the case for the Navigators, so there’s not really a pattern anymore.

You may be right, but... who did they show for the Navs first? I only find Windfinder (captain) and Horizon. You're definitely right that they didn't show Fathom. However, I was actually slightly mixing my "reveals." I realize now I was actually referring to the card reveals on the blog - the first two to be revealed have been the cross-over models. I don't remember the sculpt teases well enough.

17 minutes ago, landstander said:

You may be right, but... who did they show for the Navs first? I only find Windfinder (captain) and Horizon. You're definitely right that they didn't show Fathom. However, I was actually slightly mixing my "reveals." I realize now I was actually referring to the card reveals on the blog - the first two to be revealed have been the cross-over models. I don't remember the sculpt teases well enough.

The keynote where they were revealed showed Windfinder, Horizon and Azimuth. We didn’t know Fathom was a crossover player until her card was shown on the blog.

Lets try and move the discussion away from the models for a bit.

"Access to a variety of 'buffing aura' character plays"

What do we imagine that might mean, and how might it affect their playstyle?

If each model has its own aura that provides a different buff, but as the quote suggests, requires triggering as a character play, I can see it being a really interesting playstyle. I've been playing falconers a fair bit recently and I really like the puzzle of layering harrier coverage and timing when to go in with Rundaas and Devana to put in the damage. Now, if in Cooks we've got each player with their own unique style of set up, and their own differing styles of "output" I can see there being a really interesting puzzle to their gameplay, as you choose what buffs to layer up and which models to use for output. 

What sort of things might their auras provide? Damage and TAC seem obvious ones. What about applying ARM penalties to opponents? Is that too much given the DEF penalty? Will they all be offensive, or will there be some defensive options in there? Will there be some MOV buffs? What ideas do people have for what these buff auras might be?

Your thoughts?

Well from my studying that launch kit image, I can tell that Wellington looks to have a worse honest labor split up into two character plays, one of them is a guild ball icon but both can be bought. And most of them seem to have a character play they can trigger on their pbs. 

Depending upon what The other character plays it looks like they might be able to wrap easily as most of them have low play books 4 being the lowest and 6 the highest.

i know Wellington is suppose to be a Gordon Ramsay reference but I hope we get some iron chef puns!

34 minutes ago, Luthon1234 said:

Well from my studying that launch kit image, I can tell that Wellington looks to have a worse honest labor split up into two character plays, one of them is a guild ball icon but both can be bought. And most of them seem to have a character play they can trigger on their pbs. 

Have you seen a high-res version of that image?

1 hour ago, malladin.ben said:

Your thoughts?

I’d like to see someone in the vein of PintPot, who can pay to do stuff with tokens but once it’s gone he’s shot his bolt.

Trait would be called ‘Cooking on Gas’. Possibly others called ‘Too Many Cooks...’, ‘Out of the Frying Pan’ or ‘Ready, Steady....’. Each would give a different buff, probably movement, but maybe some conditions like fire. Maybe a new condition called stuffed.

14 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

Have you seen a high-res version of that image?

No? Just squinting really hard, I was mistaken though one of them is guildball only, one of them is named chefs special and the other I couldn’t quite make out. 

Not quite like honest labor after looking at them again. 

4 hours ago, Luthon1234 said:

No? Just squinting really hard, I was mistaken though one of them is guildball only, one of them is named chefs special and the other I couldn’t quite make out. 

Not quite like honest labor after looking at them again. 

Man you have the eyes of an eagle.

Like the idea of pint pot style mechanic where each player has a stack of food they can eat throughout the match for extra inf or buffs etc. Hoping that both our cross over models have a heroic or legendary play, I think we need more of those in the Butchers.

5 hours ago, masterkdog said:

Man you have the eyes of an eagle.

Like the idea of pint pot style mechanic where each player has a stack of food they can eat throughout the match for extra inf or buffs etc. Hoping that both our cross over models have a heroic or legendary play, I think we need more of those in the Butchers.

Who had any idea that chefs have 'knife weasels'? What a revelation! This career has suddenly become much more lucrative.