Igpus

Our minor, the cooks Guild...

The model are nice (I do agree that 2nd look at Spice makes her look weird). But OMG -1 DEF on every attack - and they confirmed that they still have it when they play for Butchers...OMG. 

50 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

But OMG -1 DEF on every attack - and they confirmed that they still have it when they play for Butchers...OMG. 

Do you not think they will have play books to mitigate it, like Horizon has with his rerolls?

Gotta say I'm pretty underwhelmed with the look. They look too comical. And the pencil erasers on the head.... Yeah, I know they're chef hats, but they could've used the much shorter cooks hats that exist. As a butcher player I was very excited to see this, but now, very disapoint. There stats could be fantastic, but I'd be very releuctant to put these on a pitch without some heavy modding, which I know nothing about.

It's funny - the more I look at these models, the more I think I'm going to have to buy them cos they look so good. Each to their own I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Redtiger7 said:

Gotta say I'm pretty underwhelmed with the look. They look too comical. And the pencil erasers on the head.... Yeah, I know they're chef hats, but they could've used the much shorter cooks hats that exist. As a butcher player I was very excited to see this, but now, very disapoint. There stats could be fantastic, but I'd be very releuctant to put these on a pitch without some heavy modding, which I know nothing about.

Yeah, I felt exactly the same way.

Until I saw the weasel!

I love and hate them at the same time. 

Super stoked for the Guild and new play experience as a Butcher exclusive Player. Love that it is Cooks Guild, love Wellington, love Sugar, love Roast, love Ferret, love the cinammon Lady (ne Miss GB that will dethrone Brisket). 

Spice is ok, not too keen on the weapon, but too tall, nothing i could t fix myself with a little putty.

Then come the hats. What ever You say in their defence,  imma let You finish, but you are wrong. They are ridicolous and awful and i will cut each end every one that i see down (maybe barring Wellington cause his look somewhat decent). Tenderiser is a mistake, Shank is a blessing for all people, after the operator on the hat he will get rid of his old sculpt which is crazy stupid and Just bad. 

Over all I am all in on the Cooks Just get them to me now before i spot some annoying things 😛

No but serious get them to me now SFG!!!! 

31 minutes ago, Varred said:

I love and hate them at the same time. 

Super stoked for the Guild and new play experience as a Butcher exclusive Player. Love that it is Cooks Guild, love Wellington, love Sugar, love Roast, love Ferret, love the cinammon Lady (ne Miss GB that will dethrone Brisket). 

Spice is ok, not too keen on the weapon, but too tall, nothing i could t fix myself with a little putty.

Then come the hats. What ever You say in their defence,  imma let You finish, but you are wrong. They are ridicolous and awful and i will cut each end every one that i see down (maybe barring Wellington cause his look somewhat decent). Tenderiser is a mistake, Shank is a blessing for all people, after the operator on the hat he will get rid of his old sculpt which is crazy stupid and Just bad. 

Over all I am all in on the Cooks Just get them to me now before i spot some annoying things 😛

No but serious get them to me now SFG!!!! 

What's with all the underlining?

What goal and terrain do you think there'll be? I guess a giant oven would make sense ...

Mascot character play: Pop goes the Weasel?

31 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Because she’s tall. 

Thanks for that. She don’t look right. Reminds me of something out of a Tim Burton film. In fact they all do. 

Like many, I'm down on the way they look (Spice specifically, though Roast is fine by me). Hopefully they'll look better in-person. 

The rules seem like they'll be fun, though if Butchers remain as linear as they are, maybe I'd just rather play the minor to get better kill tech. 

Genuinely disappointed, minis are cartoony, poorly/boringly posed and more disappointingly the concept is very direct and cliched (modern chef look with no subteley .Unfortunately I have nothing positive to about the minis or aesthetic, even the guild symbol is naff.  I guess we were overdue a big miss, as at least like pretty much every model in the range to date, a shame it came on my favourite guilds minor.

Only positive I am really inspired to try secure a new rookie in the free city draft because I want new options but no intent of owning or fielding these ugly ass models.

The Engineers are fairly hideous models, easily the worst models in the range... Until now. (IMO)  

Perhaps SFG can do re-sculpts to at least fix all of the aesthetic issues, and then please more of the people. But it's probably to late.

Wish full thinking time: SFG should preview the proposed sculpts and ask for feedback while changes can be made (i'm not saying they should listen to all of the feedback). 

Changing sculpts doesn’t increase the number of people that like them, it just changes which people like them.

I don’t like the cooks from what I’ve seen, but the reason they don’t work for me is the same reason they do work for my opponent. 

Crowdsourcing miniature designs like that doesn’t work from a practical standpoint - SFG would be giving up control of their own designs to a community that won’t all agree. That just means some people get actively ignored, and that leads to disengagement and anger. Also to delays, problems in production, wasted sculpt hours, increased costs, and so on. 

Not every model will suit everyone, and while it’s frustrating when it’s a guild you were hoping to use, it’s just the way it goes. When the engineers get resculpted, there’s bound to be people that are annoyed they can’t get the old metals any more as they’ll hate the resins. I prefer some of the resin morticians and some of the metals, but I don’t want to have to buy full sets of both to get the few resins I’d like to replace...

I'm a huge fan of most of the models, only Spice doesn't look quite right to me. Roast and Wellington look hilarious, Sugar and the other two look fine, style is great. Been hoping for a goofier guild for a while. Just to reinforce what Mako said, some people do like them :)

I get not everyone likes everything, and there are certainly other models that I personally don't find as appealling, although I can see why others might.  My concern with the cooks is something I never thought I'd say about sfg which is they feel like lazy, uninspired design - they don't feel like they fit in with the rest.  Anyhow for those that like them great, enjoy.

I hope s4 means not using minor doesn't severely disadvantage my butchers

18 hours ago, Slothrop said:

I'm a huge fan of most of the models, only Spice doesn't look quite right to me. Roast and Wellington look hilarious, Sugar and the other two look fine, style is great. Been hoping for a goofier guild for a while. Just to reinforce what Mako said, some people do like them :)

Yeah, I can cope with the rest of them but Spice is an aberration. I hope she isn't dual guild.

Given that I've painted my butchers in an attempt to make them look more like actual butchers (blue with white pinstriped aprons) the cooks will fit in perfectly fine with the aesthetic I've gone for and am interested in. 

Basically I really like them. I don't even understand what the problem is with Spice, she looks great to me. I dont particularly see the 'goofy' that Alex is talking about, except in the shank and Tenderiser sculpts. They just seem like a bunch of chefs who have just come off their shift and gone out for a (violent) game of footy before getting changed to me. 

For my money the masons ate the worst sculpts in good ball - they're just generic fantasy vanilla blandness that doesnt say "masons" to me at all. Many probably don't agree with me, but that's he point - it's just a subjective thing with no real right or wrong about it.