Sign in to follow this  
Chriscdoa

10?

So I guess most people drop sledge and anvil.

But now we have vet cinder, who else drops out? I'm struggling. Everyone else does something worth taking them for

For me probably Cast or oCinder. They are the least played in my 10.

Cast is obviously amazing with Cinder2 but she has limits (slow, 1", squishy). OCinder is amazing at ball collection, stopping ball killing but you may be playing Cinder2 a lot.

Hard choices for BS at last. 

Given my 10 includes Anvil and Sledge rather than Farris or Bolt. I like Cast for the shock goal threat, I'd probably replace Iron.

Probably run: Furnace, Cast, vCinder, Hearth, Alloy, Ferrite as the standard 6.

I think we now potentially have a 9? My 10 was dropping Anvil and Sledge but Vet Cinder seems like a swap for Bolt and Farris/Anvil are both pretty similar in that I may not ever use them.

I'm definitely interested to see what other people play!

Farris bolt are amazing! I do feel they are a packaged deal like Alloy Hearth. Ranged KD - for free? 10" attack for 1? So many uses for this pair...if you want to play football. If TOs are your plan, then sure they help less - but Stagger and Bolty can do some TO work.  

Maybe it's because Bolt can go really far but none of it is dodges. So he can score if your opponent lets you by leaving a path open to their goal. Goalies make him sad :P

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ;)

8 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Farris bolt are amazing! I do feel they are a packaged deal like Alloy Hearth. Ranged KD - for free? 10" attack for 1? So many uses for this pair...if you want to play football. If TOs are your plan, then sure they help less - but Stagger and Bolty can do some TO work.  

My rationale for the 10 is as follows:

• Hearth, Ferrite, Furnace, and Burnish for the Masters and Alloy, Cast, and oCinder for the Apprentices are too useful in too many situations to drop, locking 7 slots automatically.
  • Anvil has his uses, but they're too situational and he's too slow to always use them effectively, so he's out.
  • I personally think Sledge is great even without Anvil, but both his damage dealing and ballkeeping roles can be duplicated pretty well by other players, so he's a bit redundant in a 10.
  • This leaves Farris and Bolt. I love Farris for all the reasons you mentioned and I've gotten great use out of her in a large number of games to the extent where she's in my 6 at least 50% of the time. Bolt, however, only shines if he starts within 6" of Farris...otherwise he becomes much, much less useful. This really shackles Farris, whose speed and threat radius is one of her best points. Also, in my experience he's remarkably easy to shut down if your opponent has encountered him before.

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

What about Iron?

For me, tough hide, close control, dmg potential and suprise goal threat potential is too big for dropping him out

In my case Ferrite is the one loosing her place . The only time I play her as captain (or at all) is when I anticipate Shark.

Otherwise Farris is great when kicking against engineers and alchemists and I really, really like bolt vs Engineers to knock down Velocity and Compound and still get a move to get into goal range or recover the ball. If shoemerang is not an option you can easily get an 8" dodge using I am open otherwise. So yeah, they stay in the 10 :)

6 hours ago, Starlight said:

What about Iron?

I forgot Iron! I don't always use him, but I've found him to be the best repositioner on the team in addition to the strengths @Kahun mentioned. I'd probably put him in a flex spot along with Bolt, but with him making the 10 more often than not.