So vCalculus got revealed:

GB-S3-Alchemists-CalculusV-1.jpg?format=

GB-S3-Alchemists-CalculusV-2.jpg?format=

Bit underwhelming. I think there's something to explore with Midas at least. I have had some trouble with 2-2 strategy, with the take-outs in the matches where I have to take Midas. Interesting mechanics, but won't affect much.

Another 8" kick, a dodge that is better than free, conditions with out rolling/paying, low momentus takes. 

She is so good 

Good player, but brings nothing really new to team at the moment. Midas with 4 strikers is interesting but not game-changing. Also the huge Alchemist rework teased in the blog makes me want to just pain my Farmers and wait for s4.

I freaking love everything about this model. She is going to make kicking with Midas football teams so much scarier. By running either oKat or Crucible, you can now bounce two models up the pitch to threaten the ball. Add in Midas Touch on Crucible and you're talking absolutely ridiculous threat ranges on a kick off with two models, both of who are going to be very good at recovering the ball. And receiving with her, you have a reliable 20" threat range with 2 influence. That means that vCalculus is as efficient as Friday in terms of threat range. Sure, she doesn't have the same accuracy, but she makes up for that by being able to take her dodge at any point during her activation. So you can run Mercury with her to set things on fire so that you can use the dodge at the end of her move to avoid counter charges. On top of that, she gives out poison for taking shots and her movement debuff isn't a condition, so it can't just be shrugged off.

And yeah, vCalculus hints at some really exciting changes for the guild. Can't wait to see them interact with conditions in different ways. In conclusion, vCalculus is awesome and will likely be the last piece of my normal Midas 6 and season 4 Alchs are super exciting.

I have to agree, she makes me excited to play some games with Midas before season 4 (but won't invest too much effort, since a lot will change in some months it seems). But mostly, she just made me super pumped for season 4 alchemists :).

2 hours ago, Wariat said:

Good player, but brings nothing really new to team at the moment. Midas with 4 strikers is interesting but not game-changing. Also the huge Alchemist rework teased in the blog makes me want to just pain my Farmers and wait for s4.

Yeah, look at all that in guild condition removal. She's practically a re-make of...

I do think Blind will be missed, though.

2 hours ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

She feels like she punishes you for putting conditions out onto the alchemists by not only clearing them for free, but gaining a benefit out of them.

As condition masters, I always felt like their removal game was pretty lacking, tbh. This pleases me. 

I find her super interesting. She might make Venin actually viable. I would say she makes Crucible viable, but I already use her. And I haven't used smoke since the Midas nerf, so maybe I will try Smoke again? Probably not though, I already have Midas! 

And, yeah, I'm suuuuper excited to see s4 alchs now. I really love the idea of paying with conditions. 

I really like her. Great threat, some jank, creates new synergies with Venin and Crucible, discourages non-interactive bombing strategies (which I don't enjoy using). 

She looks pretty damn good in theory!

@Jedianakinsolo interesting rule that, opponent can easily stop her from dodging by not applying a condition, but that leaves Alchs free from the fear of KD, and thinking about it, Midas could always bring Kat to guarantee a dodge. Seems strong 

oKat, Venin, and Crucible all bring a "free" condition for vCalc to utilize. The fact that you can also choose the condition really shores up one of oKats biggest weaknesses.

Looks like a trixy and more focussed take on condition manipulation as whilst I have a soft spot for Crucy she's hard work for middling pay off

I always get work out of crucible. She's so flexible and can really bring anything to the table. Her biggest weakness is that she's squishy, but welcome to the alchemists! 

VCat played really well with her when I ran a test game. She spreads way more poison-y love than I thought she would and she's just a frustrating piece to deal with. I think she's going to be great, really and if this is a taste of s4 alchemists, then I am even more excited. 

Ran a list with Midas, Naja, Venin, Vcat, Crucible and oKat and outside of me arseing around the first part of the game just to try and make vCat work, I did really well and neutralized the Fungineers team I was playing against. 

Something I find amusing with this card is her ability to "kick to space" at her own feet, poison anyone within 4" then remove one of the conditions to dodge wherever the ball ends up before moving. It's not the safest play and potentially "Christmas land" as she either needs the ball or be stood engaging the player with it, but you can't really argue with a 20" goal threat for 3inf (4 if she needs to tackle the ball first)..

18 hours ago, Redmaw said:

Something I find amusing with this card is her ability to "kick to space" at her own feet, poison anyone within 4" then remove one of the conditions to dodge wherever the ball ends up before moving. It's not the safest play and potentially "Christmas land" as she either needs the ball or be stood engaging the player with it, but you can't really argue with a 20" goal threat for 3inf (4 if she needs to tackle the ball first)..

That's an amazing play! :D