Sign in to follow this  
mr baron

Theory Crafting Brewer Lists

Its been a bit quite, so I thought I would throw out some ideas of skew lists that might be fun to try out to encourage conversation. 

This weekend, I was think about the following list:  Tapper, Quaff, Vet Decimate, Hooper, Mash, Gutter.  This is the 2" melee skew list with a focus on take-outs, and I am wondering if this could be a viable list.  While Gutter does not benefit from any of the Brewer buffs, she can pull opponents into the scrum, and can add another gang up source.  I had Quaff as the mascot, but Scum could be a viable option and a significant damage dealers with the number of 2" melee models in the line up.

It seems like an interesting list, and it is something a bit different than what one would normally put on the pitch for a Brewers list.

It is different, I'll give you that. But I really don't like Mash and Gutter. Skew lists is so 40k-like. I prefer a full-football list. Esters, Quaff, Friday, vSpigot, Decimate, Lucky, but full 2" melee really isn't doing it for me. 

Continuing on this thread, today I played Brewers into Fish with the 2" melee line up team.  Normally my opponent plays Corsair, but today he decided to play Shark.

Lists:

Brewers:  Esters, Quaff, vDecimate, Hooper, Mash, Gutter

Fishermen:  Shark, Salt, Sakana, Hag, Greyscales, oSiren

Won 12-8.  Fish scored twice, but I was able to get to 6 knockouts before he was able to score 3 times.  This list actually played well.  I kicked off with Gutter and then charged into his lines.  I was able to tie up Siren with Gutter for the whole game and she was non-factor.  vDecimate scored 2 take outs.    Esters and Hooper attacked models that tried to score, and were able to take out 4 models.  At the end of the game, I had the ball on Mash in the corner to buy me time to get the 6 take outs.  Most of the action centered on Shark, Sakana and Greyscales trying to make goal runs from the side line.  

Normally I take Tapper into Fishermen, but this team played well with all the 2" Melee in the list.  Based on how this game went, I will probably try this line up again.