Kconj

vDecimate heroic play timing

I apologize if this has been answered, but couldn’t find it after a brief search. 

If vdec makes a momentous attack and uses that momentum to use duelist’s lunge, does she immediately get the 2” dodge for a successful attack?

Thanks, sorry for the new thread. 

Edit: I’m still have a hard time with this, I maybe need to have it spelled out for me... My question is specifically can the momentum generated from the first successful attack be used to use the heroic play and get the benefit from it from that attack?

Ah, sorry, my mistake, hadn't understood your question.

The rulebook says on page 34:

Momentous results generate [1] MP for the active model's team in addition to the effects of the selected result.

To me, this sounds as though you gain the MP when you resolve the playbook result, so during Step 2.5 of the Attack Sequence. Since Duellist's Lunge occurs at Step 4, after the Playbook results have been resolved, I'd say that by then you do have the MP required to trigger the Heroic Play. Hopefully, the Lawyers' will agree ;)

Using a Heroic Play is an action, and cannot interrupt another action.  The 2" push from Duellist's Lunge is resolved as part of the attack, after playbook results but before the attack is completed.

These things together mean that you must spend Momentum to use Duellist's Lunge before the attack to benefit.

Heroic Plays are actions, and thus cannot interrupt another action. The Playbook results have been resolved, and the momentum has been generated, but the Attack is not over until step 4 is completed. Thus you cannot use the momentum generated from an Attack with vDecimate to apply Duelist's Lunge on the same attack.

EDIT: lawyer ninja'd, my apologies