DrJekyll

Make GB realistic again! Or, we need the Actors' Guild

The flu (Rataclysm?) forced me to stay at home instead of attending a local launch party. I'm so fever-dizzy there's only one thing I can do: Watch the World Cup. And watching this, I realize we really really really need an Actors' Guild in order to mimic a key aspect, perhaps the key aspect, of contemporary football. So I started writing up some abilities that could come in handy.

Character Plays

Just fakin’ it!
CST 2, RNG P, ZON -, SUS n, OPT y
Remove this model’s Knocked Down condition.

I’m hurt! I’m hurt!
CST GB, RNG P, ZON -, SUS n, OPT y
This model gains the Knocked Down condition, then this model’s activation immediately ends. Friendly team gains two MP.

Medic! Nah not really.
CST 3/2GB, RNG -, ZON -, SUS n, OPT y
Target friendly model that is suffering the Taken out condition immediately gains an Icy Sponge, returns to the pitch with 1 INF, and removes the Icy Sponge.

*Uncivilized gesture*
CST 2, RNG 8, ZON -, SUS n, OPT y
Target enemy model goes ballistic and loses up to two INF.

Taunting
CST 2GB, RNG 8, ZON 3”, SYS y, OPT y
Models within the AOE pays +1 INF extra for character plays.

Heroic plays

I’m in so much pain!
When this model receives damage from an enemy character play or playbook result, it can immediately make a 2” dodge.

Virtually Assisted Randomness (VAR)
In this turn, you may re-roll the outcome of one Character Play.

Legendary play

The unexplainable offside trap
Target enemy model in possession of the ball, within 8", and closer to the own goal than any friendly model immediately loses ball possession. Perform a standard scatter.

(Yes, this is for funsies.)

How about:

She fell over (male)

When this player successfully tackles the named model. That model immediately suffers KD condition and may make a 4" dodge (while clutching their face, shin and lower back all at the same time).

Heroic (or, "Heroic")

Zero pain threshold
When attacked and damaged by a playbooks result or character play, this model immediately gains the Knocked down condition. It may no longer be attacked by this enemy model in this turn.

Drop ball

Cst 3, rng 6", Zon -, Sus X, OPT Y.

Target enemy player loses control of the ball. The ball is then scattered from the centre of the pitch using a standard scatter.

Oi ref (or FFS Ref)

CST 2 GBGB, RNG 4", ZON -, Sus Y, OPT N

The next time target friendly guild model suffers dmg from playbook result or CP (except during an advance blah blah) they may make a 2" dodge and remove one condition.

Just watched Denmark vs France.

Legendary play

A hard day's work

If facing an opponent that also has this Legendary Play, both players may agree to end the game immediately. Move models around aimlessly for 2*45 minutes. Use widgets at times. Each team ends the game with 0 VP. 

Was thinking about this one. Could be either a heroic or a CP

Skullbash (in reference to a nickname one of the young NZ defenders Louie Fenton got after his debut goal for the Wellington Phoenix)

If target player receives a successful pass it may make a 2" dodge directly towards goal and may make a snap shot for 1mp. 

So basically diving header from a cross...

Also thinking we could have one called...

Megs:

Cst 1, RNG S, Zon - Sus Y, OPT Y

When making a pass this player may ignore intervening models and does not suffer any penalty for crowding out.

And also thought of a neat one for someone like Obbie or piper, or Shark (seeya stagger)..

Through ball:

CST 3, RNG 6", ZON -, SUS N, OPT Y

Place ball within 5" of target player, target player may then make a 4" dodge directly towards the ball

5 hours ago, masterkdog said:

Was thinking about this one. Could be either a heroic or a CP

Skullbash (in reference to a nickname one of the young NZ defenders Louie Fenton got after his debut goal for the Wellington Phoenix)

If target player receives a successful pass it may make a 2" dodge directly towards goal and may make a snap shot for 1mp. 

So basically diving header from a cross...

The player would then have to suffer the :KD: condition, whether he scored or not.

4 hours ago, The Old Buzzard said:

The player would then have to suffer the :KD: condition, whether he scored or not.

Yes, I love it.

Love it. I know it's just for fun, but we do need entertainers as the Brewers minor and I reckon some of this kind of flavour could go in there 😁

Legendary Play: From Australia

At the end of the game, everyone from Australia who was previously fully supportive of their team must immediately begin recriminations against the players, manager and governing body for not being as successful as they would have liked you to have been, and forget that soccer is a very minor game in comparison to other football codes and Cricket in this country.

I'll one up that.

Legendary play: From New Zealand.

Target player from another country wins the Australian nationals and comes second at the world champs. image.jpeg.4e568ade07edfc0cd297f14c05def56f.jpeg Wait for it.... 

(We have a bigger contingent going over to Aussie nats this year as well so you boys better be wary....)

On 6/26/2018 at 3:57 PM, The Old Buzzard said:

Can we have a Ref Figure?

Someone you could bribe with MP for extra playbook results if he is within 8" of you. (Does not need line of sight!) He obviously doesn't know what is going on;)

I think that Ref could actually be the team mascot.

A badger, of course. Or possibly a skunk (but that'd be too mean). Striped anyway.