Sign in to follow this  
Zorni

National French Tournament - 10 man roster

Hello everyone,

next week we have the national french tournament and I'm bringing my butchers there.

I have a question for you all because I can't decide on my last man ūüėē

Here is my 9 so far :

- Captains : Fillet & Ox

- Mascot : Princess 

- Players : Meathook - Boiler - Boar - Shank - Vet Brisket - Vet Gutter

And the last one is still in progress : Tenderiser/Minx/vetOx.... any tips guys ?

I have used Tenderiser mostly with Fillet because he is a fast activation and I'm used to play with him. But Vet Ox seems great with all the new meta.

Minx or oBrisket. Minx's speed and furiousness work well in a fillet lineup. She has threat extension for the team with Marked target and herself with damaged target, snares and can dole out another -1def with screaming banshee. She has basically been in my starting 6 for both hunters and butchers since she was retooled in S2.

Links in well with meathooks hooked and shanks thousand cuts if you really want to go to town on someone. oBrisket is just great in any lineup as well, decent goal threat and her damage output around Ox is pretty awesome (mom3 dmg on 2 hits yes please) and generally pretty unexpected. even just throwing out dirty knoves for another armour debuff is great.

I would love to say vOx as he is an awesome mini but I just don't think he has it at the moment. Same with tenderiser. They just need that little something extra.

I'm surprised about the vox love lately can't imagine a situation he's good in.

For your list I wouldn't keep both shank and vbrisket I think they both do the same job but in different ways so I feel it's one or the other. 

For me tenderizer has been a good choice against masons so he might be good. I would definitely take a look at decimate over minx, decimates pb is pretty good she has good stats another anatomical model and second wind is nuts on fillet.

Shank and vBrisket run different roles for me. Shank I play as a a winger who I look to score with top of turn two. vBrisket is more of a threat extender for boar and Fillet/Ox. Just keeps people guessing, she is also useful for getting the ball and if you can get it with her scoring is normally fairly easy as well. Won a game vs Ballista engineers last week 3 goals and 1 to which never happens for me using this type of play.

BTW has there been love for vOx? NZ must have a very different playstyle...

Okay gang thanks for the tips.

I might go for oBrisket for specific matchup s like fish or ratcatcher.

Decimate is a great idea unfortunately I don’t own her. Tenderiser seems to be a constraint my opponent has to go around and manage but in the end he is easy to control. I’d rather drop him and take Minx.

cheerz again.

13 hours ago, Starlight said:

One day I’ll work out how to get the most out vOx.

Im sure there‚Äôs more to him than ‚Äúactivate 1st and delete a player on 1 health‚ÄĚ.

You forgot the part to that which goes, fail to hit anything other than one on the charge and decide to farm momentum so you take the momentous get stuck in, then fluff the next two rolls and fail to trigger the old ways...

...or does this only ever happen to me?

10 hours ago, masterkdog said:

You forgot the part to that which goes, fail to hit anything other than one on the charge and decide to farm momentum so you take the momentous get stuck in, then fluff the next two rolls and fail to trigger the old ways...

...or does this only ever happen to me?

Nope it happens to everyone trying to get something out of vetOX.... but damn the model looks so good. And it's still a 7 TAC, 2" melee model with a good tacle and a good kick.

Maybe we got it all wrong, maybe he is meant to go after ball holders!

25 minutes ago, Zorni said:

but damn the model looks so good

Try to run in that pose at full speed, like the model is intended to do, then reconsider this statement while sitting in the hospital emergency department :)

I hope you are okay ! And that you looked cool while running like that (ofc you were cool, you were running like Ox)

I would 100% run Decimate in the last slot. She is so incredibly good with Fillet. 

But considering you don't have her, I would run oBrisket.

If you are a able to make do with just your favorite Brisket, I would pick Minx.

If you are a big Ox fan I think Tenderizer can help him a lot in some match ups too, but I dislike that loss of influence personally. 

Well here we go I’ll get the model and try it out this tournament, we will see how it goes.

Alright, the dust has settled and here are the results.

Bryce Johnston from SFG first, David Not this one Cameron second (he wins the ticket to steamcon) and Martin Koch third.

I only lost to David and came in 6 place with my butchers, pretty happy with the performance and I know I can do better has I made a lot of mistakes (and obviously David was way better.... this time).

VetGutter is the MVP with a lot of take outs and decisive passes for goals. 

I managed to play Ox twice against Blacksmith and Fillet in other matchup.

pretty tired from the weekend but It was awesome : 58 people playing Guildball non stop from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. 

I even got the chance to play against Bryce Johnston and his farmers against my blacksmith before the tornament (did not want to loose my mojo before the event) and used Iron heroic : TryHard for a 2 die 2+ tap in goal.

14 hours ago, Zorni said:

Alright, the dust has settled and here are the results.

Bryce Johnston from SFG first, David Not this one Cameron second (he wins the ticket to steamcon) and Martin Koch third.

I only lost to David and came in 6 place with my butchers, pretty happy with the performance and I know I can do better has I made a lot of mistakes (and obviously David was way better.... this time).

VetGutter is the MVP with a lot of take outs and decisive passes for goals. 

I managed to play Ox twice against Blacksmith and Fillet in other matchup.

pretty tired from the weekend but It was awesome : 58 people playing Guildball non stop from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. 

I even got the chance to play against Bryce Johnston and his farmers against my blacksmith before the tornament (did not want to loose my mojo before the event) and used Iron heroic : TryHard for a 2 die 2+ tap in goal.

Impressive, well done!

I'd love to hear how you managed to get vGutter to be MVP, because she's pretty consistently whiffed for me ("okay so that's just one momentous damage then")

Cheerio,

Ben

8 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

Impressive, well done!

I'd love to hear how you managed to get vGutter to be MVP, because she's pretty consistently whiffed for me ("okay so that's just one momentous damage then")

Cheerio,

Ben

Well thinking about it she really benefits from the Game Plan cards : +1 Tac, singled out, even the poised one. 

She is well balanced has she is so just a little help means a lot in every action she does.

Also Ox aura+legendary makes a monster out of her.

14 hours ago, malladin.ben said:

Impressive, well done!

Cheerio,

Ben

Haha, that’s how I feel about oGutter in my Union. Even with Rage as Captain.

While I am yet to acquire her. I have proxied vGuts in a few games and find her good value. 2" is nice, your abovementioned stuff also nice. Being able to actually net 2MP out of Pelage is nice..

I find holding her off till last and going to get 4-5MP can really set you up nicely for next turn.

Much like oGuts

2 hours ago, masterkdog said:

While I am yet to acquire her. I have proxied vGuts in a few games and find her good value. 2" is nice, your abovementioned stuff also nice. Being able to actually net 2MP out of Pelage is nice..

I find holding her off till last and going to get 4-5MP can really set you up nicely for next turn.

Much like oGuts

That sounds a lot like how I use shank currently. I keep coming back to comparing her to shank and finding she does the same thing for 1 more inf. 

I'm really struggling to find a decent alpha strike model who can go early and punch a hole to get things going for the rest of the team, like Harry used to be able to do. I guess gutter isn't this and I'm probably misusing her if that's what I'm trying.

I thought she'd be great, but I'm just really struggling to find a way to use her effectively.