Sign in to follow this  
Jacob C

Counter-charge

I was playing a friend of mine. It was Masons v Union. Before I get into the thick of things, I'll put in the rules that I need clarification on for convenience.

Counter Charge:

Once per turn when an enemy model ends an Advance within [6"] of this model, if this model is not engaged this model may immediately make a Charge targeting the enemy model.

Icy Sponge:

During the Maintenance Phase, each model currently suffering the taken-out condition may be returned to play...

A returned model is placed in base contact with an edge of the pitch within the friendly deployment zone and may then make a Jog.

If a model was coming into play due to Icy Sponge, could, say, Brick, counter-charge in the maintenance phase if the model coming into play ended his jog (which is an advancement) within 6"?

EDIT

In addition to this, Charge does not state that it has to end closer to the enemy model, or advance anywhere towards the model.

The wording in question is this: A Charging model may Advance up to its max-move and, if able, must end the Advance engaging the target enemy model.

[see picture]

S Brisket ended an advance within 6" of Brick. Because Marbles is engaged, he cannot counter-charge, but Brick is not engaged. He "...if able, must end the Advance engaging [S Brisket]." Because he is not able, is he able to then counter-charge another model or in a random direction for free movement?

counter-charge.jpg

Models returning to the pitch via Icy Sponge can trigger Counter Charge.
A model can charge any enemy model it can see, but if it is not possible to reach that enemy, it may move in a straight line in any direction.  If it doesn't end it's advance engaging the enemy model, this constitutes a failed charge.

You may counter charge in the maintenance phase.

If unable to engage the target model, the charging model may charge in any direction (Furious models often do this to get a free sprint).

Counter charge may only target the model that finished the advance. The charging model cannot charge any other model.