ningu

Seasoned Spigot

GB-S3-Union-Spigot3-1.jpgGB-S3-Union-Spigot3-2.jpg

Seagot is a pretty good addition to the order: he's a great ball retrieval (as Bri3ket wants), but he's also great at moving the ball around. Can't wait to try him out

This is the 2nd model within The Order that can move the ball out of activation. I am beyond excited for the jank.

Good overall stats flexible enough to do damage if you need him to with the help of Fangtooth hopefully having a low enough KD.

I'm curious how season 4 players will look like power-wise. As far as season 3 goes, IMO this models lacks a weakness. He's a fantastic goal threat, tough and has a good playbook. 

51 minutes ago, Ruffy said:

I'm curious how season 4 players will look like power-wise. As far as season 3 goes, IMO this models lacks a weakness. He's a fantastic goal threat, tough and has a good playbook. 

I think in this instance we should take the power level of Spigot in context with the other players on his team. Granted that for the next few months he is Union, but long-term he will be Church. And double granted we haven't seen Fangers yet. But either way, my opinion is that he'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Ruffy said:

He's relatively flimsy (3/2/14 isn't durable).

While he has goal threat, he's not great at getting the ball back - he's good once he gets there, but 9" threat with 1" melee isn't impressive for actually reaching a target.

If he doesn't have the ball or access to it, he's pretty underwhelming unless he has set up. If he has a KD and some buffs applied first, he goes off - but without it he's probably getting a couple momentous dodges and that's about it.

To me, he's reverse Decimate.

Both are good football models who can tackle the ball and get out to shoot.

Decimate can go a long distance, but needs enemy models to attack for dodges to go super far.

Spigot can go a long distance, but needs allied models to pass for dodges to to go super far.

Decimate is good in a fight because she does consistent damage, but doesn't have a huge amount of payoff if she is set up by the rest of the team.

Spigot is good in a fight because there's a huge amount of payoff if he is set up by the rest of the team, but he doesn't do consistent damage.

Anybody else thinking Blackheart really likes this guy until season 4? To me, it seems like his footballing shenanigans and damage output would sit quite nicely in a Blackheart team looking for 2/2 or even 3/0

The more I look at sSpigot the more I think he could be a strong part of a 2/2 maximum swing sBrisket team along with other flexible beatdown/footballing players like oDecimate and oMinx.  Then I remember that in a few months the selfish brawler striker team is going to be the solo domain of Blackheart again.

2 hours ago, MechMage said:

The more I look at sSpigot the more I think he could be a strong part of a 2/2 maximum swing sBrisket team along with other flexible beatdown/footballing players like oDecimate and oMinx.  Then I remember that in a few months the selfish brawler striker team is going to be the solo domain of Blackheart again.

Why would you not want to take Blackheart for this anyway?

I was looking at sSpigot's football jank and pondering the seeming 3/0-ness of the Order, then I looked at his damage and thought about the fact that you could bring him, Harry, Benny and Fangtooth if you REALLY wanted to, so I guess they will be pretty football skewed with some options. Of course vFangtooth could be a complete monster. I'm not so secretly hoping he breaks vRage for a couple of months 😂

I do like spig 3 overall and was thinking about how he might slot in as a punchy striker to a vRage team, but as @Gauntlet said, he does have some shortcomings in terms of melee range and threat without posession. I don't think you can put him in Mist's slot. Maybe you can put him in a vRage team as a flexible damage/retrieval/strike partner with Mist? Make the 2/2 that much easier with that team? Could be worth trying, to see how well he can mix it in the scrum as well

Anyway that's probably enough over-tired rambling for one evening!

I don't think he can fit into a Rage lineup often.

You're taking Gutter.

When kicking you need a good kicking model, so Mist/Decimate.

You have two inf greedy models already, so it's hard to justify Spigot at this point. He is a Solthecian, though, which means he works with Mist. If you're doing that, maybe you can fill the last slot with either Hemlocke or Minx, since you don't need Benediction/Grace to enable Mist. Losing the ability to put Stand Firm and/or Quick Foot on Mist doesn't help, though.

When receiving he's easier to justify, since you don't need to take a good kickoff model, and he's much stronger when he has the ball. I could see maybe running Gutter/Decimate/Spigot even, if you're able to get a first turn goal to help with your influence issues - maybe also take lots of the +1 Inf cards.

15 hours ago, Snow said:

Why would you not want to take Blackheart for this anyway?

In a few months, sSpigot won't be able to play for Blackheart.  I don't want to get in the habit of running them together.  My heart still aches from when Avarisse, Decimate, Hemlocke, Mist and Snakeskin were ripped away from Midas.

11 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

I don't think he can fit into a Rage lineup often.

You're taking Gutter.

When kicking you need a good kicking model, so Mist/Decimate.

You have two inf greedy models already, so it's hard to justify Spigot at this point. He is a Solthecian, though, which means he works with Mist. If you're doing that, maybe you can fill the last slot with either Hemlocke or Minx, since you don't need Benediction/Grace to enable Mist. Losing the ability to put Stand Firm and/or Quick Foot on Mist doesn't help, though.

When receiving he's easier to justify, since you don't need to take a good kickoff model, and he's much stronger when he has the ball. I could see maybe running Gutter/Decimate/Spigot even, if you're able to get a first turn goal to help with your influence issues - maybe also take lots of the +1 Inf cards.

Yeah, I think I want him to work so I can play with the new toys, but this logic is sound to me. If I receive with rage, do I really want to give up ball possession with a turn one goal? And I can already allocate all my influence pretty efficiently to beating without Spigot. He definitely goes in a Blackheart/Brisket team very nicely though.

2 hours ago, MechMage said:

In a few months, sSpigot won't be able to play for Blackheart.  I don't want to get in the habit of running them together.  My heart still aches from when Avarisse, Decimate, Hemlocke, Mist and Snakeskin were ripped away from Midas.

Fair. I just see it as a fun way to mix things up for a bit I suppose.

Is it too janky to want to Red Fury seaSpigot, get a Ball's Gone, pass to a waiting Mist for a snap shot, then turn around and activate seaSpigot next to reacquire the ball and score?

48 minutes ago, landstander said:

Is it too janky to want to Red Fury seaSpigot, get a Ball's Gone, pass to a waiting Mist for a snap shot, then turn around and activate seaSpigot next to reacquire the ball and score?

It's cool if you can make it happen but it requires the opposing player to end with their ball carrier within 3" of sSpigot but if that happens seems legit.

15 minutes ago, MechMage said:

It's cool if you can make it happen but it requires the opposing player to end with their ball carrier within 3" of sSpigot but if that happens seems legit.

Why would that be necessary? You mean to Quick Time in from vRage, then Red Fury? I was actually just assuming seaSpigot was engaging the ball carrier for whatever reason, but yes, you are right, there would be some difficult set up. And the 3 or 4 die snap shot is hardly a slam dunk. I guess I'm just wondering if that, plus his mom 2 on 3, and mom 3 on 5, and his super legit ball handling and controlling skills, might make him a worthy addition to vRage. Because I can totally see him on at least 5 of the 6 Union general scenarios (that is, kicking/receiving and the 3 captains). But, then again... I may not know what I'm talking about.

Best part about his player design is that he instantly increases Harry's viability without changing the Harry card at all.. 

Attack (Charge), "Balls Gone", free dodge, "Reading the Game", free dodge, (movement if not previously used), 8"shot range..

4 hours ago, Redmaw said:

Best part about his player design is that he instantly increases Harry's viability without changing the Harry card at all.. 

Attack (Charge), "Balls Gone", free dodge, "Reading the Game", free dodge, (movement if not previously used), 8"shot range..

Yessss! Now you're talking!

Played a couple games with him this weekend and while I didn't score an actual goal with him he was still a real solid addition to SBrisket.

Game one he Balls Gone off of Corsair to an Engaged Brisket and she dodge toward the goal on the next activation. Was a bounce target for Brisket with Im open for her to score her second goal.

Game two with Shove the Boot in game plan and Brisket already engaging Jaecar he put 12 dmg into him in one turn and taking him out. Tac 8 +1 Dmg on a KD Model was nice.

20 hours ago, Jynxed85 said:

Played a couple games with him this weekend and while I didn't score an actual goal with him he was still a real solid addition to SBrisket.

Game one he Balls Gone off of Corsair to an Engaged Brisket and she dodge toward the goal on the next activation. Was a bounce target for Brisket with Im open for her to score her second goal.

Game two with Shove the Boot in game plan and Brisket already engaging Jaecar he put 12 dmg into him in one turn and taking him out. Tac 8 +1 Dmg on a KD Model was nice.

That seems all right and proper and in line with the fluff.

An enthusiastic new convert smashing the heathan and enabling his new best mate to score the goals!

He has me excited to play them. When SBrisket became available I started playing her a lot and it really improved my Goal driven teams. Going to get some more games in this weekend with him and VFang as well.