Sign in to follow this  
Igpus

Resin Hunters

Uh.. They're all worse than the originals. Hearne should sober up before playing though. The goals are good. Theron goal is bloody brilliant. 

11 minutes ago, Furnace said:

Uh.. They're all worse than the originals. Hearne should sober up before playing though. The goals are good. Theron goal is bloody brilliant. 

Yeah, at least the ones I had hopes for (Skatha, Vet Hearne and Ulfr) took everything I dislike about the original scultps and added to that...

I do really like most of the Sun Father team though (minus Hearne, who has a weird pose, and Fahad who didn´t change), and the goal is the nicer one, so I will get that. Not immediatly, though.

52 minutes ago, Keel said:

Yeah, at least the ones I had hopes for (Skatha, Vet Hearne and Ulfr) took everything I dislike about the original scultps and added to that...

Yeah, true enough. Skatha is very close to the old one.. Except the old one had a bit of silent menace to it, the new is just silly with that pose. Ulfr is very close too.. But sillier.. Didn't think it was possible. :D

uh... anyone tell me what's up with Skatha's left arm? Looks like her cloak is holding her weapon!

Also, both Hearn sculpts look constipated. 

It seems to me that since steamforged started making teams in plastic, the players have become more one dimensional and static. This is a problem is impacting the metal miniatures, see the rookies and The exiles, as well as these new resin models.

I sincerity hope the sculpting improves in the future.  

Personally I'm not a massive fan, I think Zarola is the only sculpt I prefer out of the whole team to my OG metal team. Seenahs stance is really, really weird in my opinion. The terrain is nice but for my self not enough to warrant the cost of the boxes.

I have to agree, that Zarola is the only one I like better than the original. Most of the metal hunters have that calm feeling like they are waiting for their prey, and it really fits the team. These sculpts are in silly action poses, and it doesn't really fit them. I really like the tree goalpost, but I just created a custom goalpost for the team. And I have a custom build trap-ball aswell :D.

Yea not really a fan of these sculpts but I don't dislike them all that much. I think I'll pick them up for the terrain and a second chance to paint the Hunters and see how far I've come.

Maybe I should also pick up the metal hunters again just in the case I find myself and my developed skills wanting to paint the original sculpts again.

In fact I should also pick up a second second copy of the metal Hunters to eventually get professionally commissioned just to make sure I have some decorations for my workstation.

Oh, and I should do that for all my other guilds before I can't get the metals anymore. Shut up, I don't have a problem. You have a problem.

Spikes mounted onto the shoulders of Seenah=Not intimidating.

Spike mounted onto the crotch of Seenah=Nightmare incarnate 

I think I'm with the majority here. Not hugely enamoured with the new Sculpts. I like Theron, Chaska, and Snow, and undecided on Egret (who has stolen Therons pose). The rest meh. Seenah looks like a reference to Kuma from Tekken in this pose, both Hearnes look super weird (like seriously wtf is he doing in either of those poses?). I sorta feel the sculpts don't quite match the image I have of the players and their personalities in my head anymore.

Luckily I am not allowed to buy them anyway (life boss said no more spendy spendy :()

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

Haven’t any of you seen a Bear when it rears up on its hind legs?

Dude I live in New Zealand,  closest things we have to bears are brown and hopped and pronounced exactly the same way as bear in our accent.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, Starlight said:

Nah there are two Sun bears at Wellington Zoo.

This is true, but they are less threatening than Winnie the Pooh... and they must be about 20 years old I remember going to the opening day when they were unveiled and I would have been about 10 at the time.

Mind you when a mummy bear and a daddy bear love each other very much sometimes they make a scary werebear murder machine to share with the world. Will make sure I pay more attention to the sun bears next time I take the kids to the Zoo, just in case one looks like it may actually be an old shaman lady.