Sign in to follow this  
GeroJr

Is Rookie Chisel Usable As Vet Chisel?

The blog post regarding rookie models says:

"In addition to being able to use these models and cards during a Rookie League at your local store or club, these Rookie models can also be used during Guild Ball events as alternate sculpts for their normal models."

Does this mean it can be used as vet Chisel too or just the original Chisel? If I remember correctly, alt Rage can be used as both oRage and vRage.

Thanks!

Rookie Chisel comes with a Chisel card not a vChisel card so she can only be used at normal Chisel and the Rookie version.

So, few things... 1) officially, I totally agree with what others have said....

however, 2) I have no issue with people checking with their TO and their opponent prior to drafting that model and if you have the 'original' version and an alt version, and their bases are the same size and you have the right card, I'm not going to have a problem with that model being used.

and finally, 3) going back bit on what I just said, i think it does depend a bit on how the veteran model is portrayed... for example, Veteran Chisel has 2" reach, 2 armor, and plays a lot differently than o. Chisel... while if there was a rookie Sakana model, for example, there isn't as much of a difference between the appearance of O. Sakana and Veteran Sakana... so I'd be hard pressed to say you can't use a theoretical rookie Sakana as either version (If that makes sense as a theoretical example)... 

Fangtooth is another upcoming example.. there are a few alt sculpts for Fangtooth, and now we are expecting a heavily armored version with a giant club (assuming on a 40mm base and not a 50mm base) for the Veteran Version... so using wrestler and gold chain rookie Fangtooth as Solthecian Veteran Fangtooth is a bit more of a stretch... but honestly, so many models (cough, Vet Brisket, cough, Miasma, cough) have rules and stats that aren't quite represented on the model (talking about 2" reach here) that I like to think most people would rather see painted alt sculpts across the table from them than unpainted model recently purchased just to make the list "legal" vs fun to play against...

And finally (as clearly the last two times I said finally, I wasn't serious) I also would say that all of what I just said assumes you are not "playing for advantage" ie trying to use an alt sculpt to confuse your opponent... for example, let's say I forget Rookie Fangtooth is actually Vet Fangtooth and use Unpredictable Movement when I shouldn't have (thinking 1" vs 2" melee)... If I'm that Fangtooth player, I'm going to let you take back that declaration because it was my "alt version" that confused you... while if I am bringing alt Fangtooth with the intention of you forgetting about his reach and armor then I should just leave the alt sculpt at home and play the real model because trying to cheat by confusion is cheating in my book.... and yes, i realize the best way to avoid this is by not letting people flex what is meant 'alt sculpt' but at the same time, it is a game, and if you really prefer one sculpt, I'd rather you play the model you like even if it adds a layer of complexity to the game.

Okay.. clearly I have waxed philosophically too much about this.. lol..  my apologizes.

vChisel Isn't even released so you can't use her at Tournaments until her Release date.