Jotnebane

Veteran Chisel - no more speculation

I played against her this weekend with my Morts. She is going to be almost definite against control type teams. Provdied great support for Hammer with assist allowing him to continue his deletion of models. Shuffled influence off Flint who I had shutdown with Rabid animal plus blind. Stole the ball with her T on 1 and kicked back to Hammer so he could then pass and engage.

She is a new solid tool that brings a lot to Masons.

I think she'll outright replace vHarmony in most 10s

Before any S4 speculation or changes my 10 would be: Honor, Hammer, Marbles, Brick, Harmony, Flint, Mallet, Lucky, Tower and vChisel.   I am ignoring Union choices, but obviously Mist would be it, just not sure who I would ever drop.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:36 PM, Wallied said:

I am ignoring Union choices, but obviously Mist would be it, just not sure who I would ever drop. 

No point playing any Union from now, may as well get used to how we know the game will be post-minor guild.

I used Mist for ball retrieval/scoring, and both versions of Chisel seem the closest in-guild replacement for that role (2" melee, low :T:, 8" move). vChisel is looking soooo much better than oChisel all-round though - being able to shift INF from neutralised players (Hammer and other 1" melees can sometimes be shut down with pushes or :KD: and it's horrible). Really looking forward to the new box - so many models for guilds I have!

11 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

No point playing any Union from now, may as well get used to how we know the game will be post-minor guild.

I used Mist for ball retrieval/scoring, and both versions of Chisel seem the closest in-guild replacement for that role (2" melee, low :T:, 8" move). vChisel is looking soooo much better than oChisel all-round though - being able to shift INF from neutralised players (Hammer and other 1" melees can sometimes be shut down with pushes or :KD: and it's horrible). Really looking forward to the new box - so many models for guilds I have!

Tried her out for 3 games yesterday and she did her job.

Hammer never got charged by 1” models so I never got that counter, but the assist with Irin Fist was brutal. 9 TAC and +2 damage put down v.Deci real quick. 

My Brewer opponent finally felt the receiving end of them wraps. 4 up to 6 and mom 2 up to 4. 

She’s not OP like v.Deci but she adds a lot to the Masons. 

I think she will be in most of most of my games when I get the model next month. 

So I'm going to proxy her today into Butchers. Trying to resurrect the YouTube channel so will like have the video up in a couple of weeks once editing has happened :)

Likely to be Hammer, Marbles, Brick , Vet Chisel, Tower, Mallet with Honour, Flint, Vet Harmony and oHarmony also in my 10. Will let people know how it goes :)

Considering vChisel is an upgrade to oChisel in pretty much every way, I'm looking forward to the oChisel s4 update..

She certainly put Masons back onto my list of "guilds to play" in the build up to the s4 release..

So now she's out, what are your line-ups looking like with her in? I massively prefer Hammer over Honour, so I'm mostly looking at Hammer, Marbles, Brick, Flint, vChisel, then either Mallet or Tower as my go-to team. Leaning toward Mallet due to 2" and Assist on vChisel sort of filling the space of Tooled Up. Also, Tower is more defensive so with him the team would be very passive off the ball.