Jotnebane

Veteran Chisel - no more speculation

Seems like she's gone from being the missile to setting up the missile. Give her 3 influence, 1 to drop squad tactics on someone and then 2 to charge the target. Could even load her up with 4 if you're playing with Hammer so he can use iron fist. Knockdown counter attacks become less of a threat as chisel can potentially absorb them (though you'd lose the assist). Definitely seems like she could be a useful support player. She's a bit bland though compared to her original version. I guess that's just the problem with support pieces in general.

I do appreciate that they haven't added in any player specific synergies as Mason's already have too many of those.

I used to use oChisel for ball retrieval. Quick, 2" melee and easy tackle and if I want damage I'm aiming for momentous 2. vChisel does this and more and easier. She's replacing oChisel in every game for me.

31 minutes ago, Henry said:

I used to use oChisel for ball retrieval. Quick, 2" melee and easy tackle and if I want damage I'm aiming for momentous 2. vChisel does this and more and easier. She's replacing oChisel in every game for me.

So what will o.Chisel look like in S4?

Before today I figured v.Chisel would go down either the beater road or the striker road, but she turned out to be mostly about setup.

But I like v.Chisel a lot.
I don't think the Iron Fisted, Tooled up and Assisted Hammer will come into play that often, but she'll be able to do a whole lot of work even without going down into magical Christmas time land.

Looks very solid.

Can Honour have Assist from both Marbles and Chisel? Or is it like two Tooled Ups on one model, which doesn't stack?

2 minutes ago, Michał said:

Looks very solid.

Can Honour have Assist from both Marbles and Chisel? Or is it like two Tooled Ups on one model, which doesn't stack?

You choose one.

Looks nice, but she's pretty squishy, so I think she will be more of a defensive supporter than an offensive setup piece.

You choose one? But the effects are named differently, right? Assist (Marbles) and Assist (Chisel).

Aww, that would be a bummer though... :( +3 DMG Honour would be super juicy.

Assist is the name of the ability.

Somewhere in the rules forum it says that you can be have both assists, but can only benefit from one. 

So no +3 damage Honour only +3 damage Hammer  

You guys are crazy (NOW who's the Crazy one?). She's great. I can not wait to use her. And, from a story perspective - they did exactly what I had hoped. I don't know that I see her as any squishier than oChisel - same health, better defensive stats, and she doesn't tend to cut herself (though she will be on fire and poisoned more often, perhaps). Different roles entirely, though, I think. Question about Take One for the Team - some of the wording in the description made me wonder if you can could take a condition from a model ALREADY suffering it. Like, Flint was set afire first activation - can vChisel come within range and take his burning? Or must it be taken AS it's applied? I had always assumed Millstone could only take a condition as it was applied, but now I'm wondering.

3 minutes ago, landstander said:

Like, Flint was set afire first activation - can vChisel come within range and take his burning? Or must it be taken AS it's applied? I had always assumed Millstone could only take a condition as it was applied, but now I'm wondering.

It must be taken AS it's applied - when the model suffers the condition.

The good thing is that it also works mid-advance, so if there is a fire AOE right in front of Hammer he can charge straight through it and let vChisel take the burning condition so he does not lose any movement.

33 minutes ago, ningu said:

It must be taken AS it's applied - when the model suffers the condition.

Ty ty. Had to be the case, but some of the wording in the write up made me question.

I think she's an excellent model. Not crazy good but a great workhorse. Millstone is a staple in Farmers and I can see vChisel being a regular pick for Masons now. She does a lot and really ramps the football. 

I like Mist for ball retrieval (hate oBrisket, she is damned hard for Masons to get the ball off), and vChisel looks like she could be a good replacement who can still do stuff without INF. Definitely in my 10 instead of Mist the minute she's released (no point playing with Union any more, is there).

vChisel is very cool, and opens up some pretty powerful lines of play, particularly for Honour lineups. With Adaptive Strategy, Honour can missile herself turn 1, which is definitely a big deal and probably the most impactful change. Offering +3 DMG for Hammer is probably overkill but definitely cool, and a more reliable +2 DMG with Honour is definitely welcome. The condition aura would be more exciting if we didn't already have multiple models with condition removing shenanigans, but it's a welcome addition for sure, and is (overall) probably better than Lucky's trait.

I'll be testing her out tonight with a list of Honour Marbles Brick vChisel Tower and someone else, probably Mallet or Harmony. I'm very excited to try out the Honour missile, which seems like a solid complement to the double linked activation strategy.

2 hours ago, The Old Buzzard said:

So is it an “aura” or a “pulse”?

Adaptive Strategy 

It's supposed to be an aura, they slipped with the blog but apparently caught it before the card print.

For me she definitely fits as a flex spot for both Captains.

With Hammer if playing against a condition light team then dropping Vet Harmony for her is a good idea. That spot used to be Lucky for me but I think Vet Chisel is better (2" melee is probably the swing there). Trying to decide is it worth dropping Brick for her and taking Hammer, Wrecker, Vet Chisel, Vet Harmony, Tower and Flint.

With Honour she again fills a flex slot exists (usually Mallet or oHarmony).

Picking a 10 was already a challenge for Masons now it's even harder.

Also 8 influence Mallet if you can get them both in the same team!

1 hour ago, Scapegoat_Stephen said:

Also 8 influence Mallet if you can get them both in the same team!

So 4 INF on mallet, go hit something , gaining Singled Out. 
Super Strat on Mallet, he's now on 1 INF with an activation to go.
Chisel jogs up and engages Mallets target, gives Assist and transfers 3 INF to Mallet.

Mallet goes again, 9 TAC and +1 Damage with another 4 INF to spend.

Yup, sounds great, but takes a bit of setup and for the assist you need t do it against someone who has already moved.

3 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

So 4 INF on mallet, go hit something , gaining Singled Out. 
Super Strat on Mallet, he's now on 1 INF with an activation to go.
Chisel jogs up and engages Mallets target, gives Assist and transfers 3 INF to Mallet.

Mallet goes again, 9 TAC and +1 Damage with another 4 INF to spend.

Yup, sounds great, but takes a bit of setup and for the assist you need t do it against someone who has already moved.

Mallet also has a super consistent momentous Knockdown so between all those he should have the equivalent of +4 TAC, opponent with -1 def and +1 damage. It's pretty sweet. Tower can do similar if he knocks the opponent down but Mallet has the higher damage on 5 hits base. Mallet however adds Singled Out and longer melee range.

My gut says that a VChisel /Honor/oHarmony team up maybe the most Masons of a Masons' line up. 

It's interesting that our guild could now have three condition manipulators/erasers on a team (which is overkill unless you want your team to have a super focused theme with one player and a Captain/Mascot pair.) Makes me wonder if SFGs tweaking what it means to be a Mason again.

I also wonder how she'll work as a new partner for Granite, who always plays better with a back-up partner. 

On 6/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, Akaleth said:

vChisel is very cool, and opens up some pretty powerful lines of play, particularly for Honour lineups. With Adaptive Strategy, Honour can missile herself turn 1, which is definitely a big deal and probably the most impactful change. Offering +3 DMG for Hammer is probably overkill but definitely cool, and a more reliable +2 DMG with Honour is definitely welcome. The condition aura would be more exciting if we didn't already have multiple models with condition removing shenanigans, but it's a welcome addition for sure, and is (overall) probably better than Lucky's trait.

I'll be testing her out tonight with a list of Honour Marbles Brick vChisel Tower and someone else, probably Mallet or Harmony. I'm very excited to try out the Honour missile, which seems like a solid complement to the double linked activation strategy.

I dont see how she makes the turn one missile better. Mind explaining?

With the help of vChisel Honour can missile herself with full INF for the second activation. 

Honour uses SS on herself, drops from 6 to 3 INF. Sprint if you need the extra range. 

Then vChisel moves 3-4 inf from herself or another friendly model within range onto Honour bringing her back up to 6 INF for her second activation. 

You now have Honour with 17” threat range, 19” if you buy the dodge, and enough INF to do some real damage or just steal the ball and dodge off her opponents to get a shot at the goal. 

As well as the Honour missile, she makes the Mallet missile better too. By handing influence to him after his first activation you can make Mallet sprint once, jog for the second advance and still get four attacks. Chisel enables you to soak up a KD effect, making it harder for the opponent to stop the missile. And finally if Chisel kicks off she can be in position to lend an assist to the missile.

She all around makes the missile better.