2 hours ago, Wild Rose said:

It's still a 7 inch threat unless you don't want him to do anything and sprint him for 9, assuming his not the captain, and if he is you've spent 3 inf getting to your target which is really inefficient. 

I've found that Anvil will get get into melee just fine, and even if you hard cast Strike turn one/two, that's still a 6" movement for him, plus 2" of dodges for everyone around him.

Totally worth it to me for him to be a bit slower. 

I can't really think of anything that needs nerfing with Blacksmiths. They could do with some internal balancing though, some players are clearly designed for a niche, but are made obsolete by other players who fill that niche + do more on top!

I think the only changes I'd like to see are small buffs to Anvil and Sledge - they're the reason I started collecting the Blacksmiths but they're both outclassed by other options (Hearth/Alloy pretty relegate them to the bench)

Anvil:

Shorten his playbook to 5 columns as follows:

1; T; blank;  2

KD; >; GB; >>; KD3 (first 4 columns on bottom row momentous)

This would give him a similar damage dealing profile to Furnace and make his +1 TAC turn more effective

Give him Protective Instinct

This might be overtuned, but forcing enemy attacks into a 3 ARM, Tough Hide player would give Anvil a unique role among the Masters of being able to really protect Apprentices even after his Legendary is used

Sledge:

I would change Piledriver to +4 net hits

Again - maybe overpowered when stacked with Instruction but it also clearly gives Anvil and Sledge a better interaction than Hearth has with every Apprentice the Blacksmiths have via Instruction

+1 like Protective Instinct.

I just want his Singled Out to be on 1 or at most 2. Having SO on 3 is just bad. 

Sledge I think is fine - but he could do being /4 not /3 - just make Pile Driver OPT. I think Sledges main issue is that Anvil is too damn slow, which slows Sledge (who has to stay near or get murdered) and stops him showing off. The /3 is also crippling.

3 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I’d like Farris to get a buff. I’ve never seen her on the pitch.

Bolt is her only reason to be on the pitch. If you are not trying to score lots of goals there is little reason to take her.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:15 AM, Starlight said:

It’s such a shame because she’s such a cool unique model!

I have actually found her quite hand for stripping the ball carrier and giving it a whack back down the field. If nothing else it removes the immediate ball threat and forces opponent to go get it unless they can trust bolt and alloy to not score lol (which is never lol)

On 7/19/2018 at 3:59 PM, Starlight said:

I’m going to use my Blacksmiths for the first time at a tournament tomorrow and I shall be giving her a run!

how did it go?