Banjulhu

vSakana Rules Revealed

So I went for the Shark team. Going to possibly try Corsair and vSakana into the farmers next week.

I was wrong, more ways to non-directly strip the ball is golden and creates oppertunites and difficult order of activation options for the opponent. oSiren and vSakana were able to set Shark up for back to back snap shots in turn two.

Bag of Coffers was mostly neutral and the initial inf shortfall at the start of turn was not felt overly much.

I think just the tackle on a single hit is huge, his character play stealing the ball from 4" out makes the other player trying to kill the ball, have to make smart choices of model placement. I tend to notice players aren't always watching spacing on models 4" out from each other, unless they run into an AOE team. Most tend to bunch, or have a model near by the ball killer. This opens up VSakana for distance stealing, but I think the biggest thing is OSiren on the pitch with him. I think he is going to be good with Shark. Pushing ball retrieval for the Fish is huge and VSakana puts another tool in the box for us to get the ball back in play. Think he is solid all around, I am looking forward to getting him on the pitch and painted!

7 hours ago, LouisvillePitch said:

I tend to notice players aren't always watching spacing on models 4" out from each other, unless they run into an AOE team. 

Being more than 4" won't save them either. In the most extreme case sakana can be 2" from the low Def model directly between them and the ball carrier, and 4" from ball carrier so they'd have to be more than 7" from their friend to be mostly safe (there's wraps to increase but that's magical Christmas).

Realistically 5-6" from friends is going to be threatened with the safest spots being the low Def model being directly between the ball carrier and sakana, forcing him to go around to reach. 

The odd way Fancy Footwork does its thing reminds me a lot like oSiren and Seduced. Positioning and setup is going to be key from turning it from a strong play to a game changing one and I can see another strong footballing unit being based around Hag, vSakana and oSiren.

Actually thinking about it. Shark, Tentacles, Greyscales, Hag, vSakana and oSiren feels like it would be an absolute bitch for a lot of teams to kick off into.

Think he is really good, just causes a lot of spacing issues for the opposing player to keep track of. It reminds of counter charge, where it will need to be accounted for through out a turn. Though unlike counter attack I don't think players will always be remembering in a tournament setting when there is pressure on and a clock on.

So vSakana has a rather dull looking model revealed on Facebook.

It does not look bad or off just static and boring.

5 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

So vSakana has a rather dull looking model revealed on Facebook.

It does not look bad or off just static and boring.

The days of the dynamic pose are over, my friend. :(

29 minutes ago, Selfy said:

sSpigot seems to disagree a little.

55 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Some of us don't mind it at all. Of all the current GB sculpts, Sakana and vSiren are my favorite two, whereas I hate (amongst others) Minx and Grace because of all the fiddly bits I never could pin properly...

2 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

sSpigot seems to disagree a little.

A little, perhaps. But in my defence, I present to you, the Navigators Guild.

1 hour ago, Spinsane said:

Some of us don't mind it at all. Of all the current GB sculpts, Sakana and vSiren are my favorite two, whereas I hate (amongst others) Minx and Grace because of all the fiddly bits I never could pin properly...

Hating fiddly bits is a whole other story. Minx is bad, but there are other culprits too. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Princess. Practically stuck all my fingers together trying to get her legs sorted out! And don't even get me started on Snakeskin.

Looking at the three models more it's not the static nature of the pose that is bugging me, vChisel is very static as well but she looks quite good, but that is because she has presence, the model looks powerful its a lot like Kraken's model, he is just standing still and pointing but boy does he look good doing it.

Sakana just looks a bit listless, lifeless and unready.

1 hour ago, Banjulhu said:

Looking at the three models more it's not the static nature of the pose that is bugging me, vChisel is very static as well but she looks quite good, but that is because she has presence, the model looks powerful its a lot like Kraken's model, he is just standing still and pointing but boy does he look good doing it.

Sakana just looks a bit listless, lifeless and unready.

Agreed, the original Sakana pose is much better.

25 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Agreed, the original Sakana pose is much better.

I'm considering an ebay search for a oSakana and doing some super in depth conversion work... by adding a flag to the end of his spear.

5 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

I'm considering an ebay search for a oSakana and doing some super in depth conversion work... by adding a flag to the end of his spear.

That's a great idea.