DougE

Terrain base size

I've picked up a few items that can be used for terrain pieces...cart, pillars and some trees. 

Wondering what is the maximum size of base for them to be on?

Thanks

Just a note to this. Rough and Fast Ground... is Ground... not Terrain.... keep in mind when doing your 50% calculation of terrain pieces that must be obstructions. :P 

Gah! Math problems! So if you have only 1 barrier, you can have only 1 obstruction? But if you have a forest and a barrier, you can have 2? No, wait, a forest is an obstruction, so you can't have any more? 

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH! How many turnip crates am I allowed to put on the board?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

On 6/3/2018 at 1:49 PM, Malritch said:

Just a note to this. Rough and Fast Ground... is Ground... not Terrain.... keep in mind when doing your 50% calculation of terrain pieces that must be obstructions. :P 

This is not true, despite the perhaps confusing wording.

From a member of the Lawyer's Guild: (@MilitaryCoo I believe?)

XXtdLbc.png

As you say :)

The OPD confusingly uses "terrain" in its preamble to refer to both terrain and ground pieces (i.e. all pitch furniture).  Obstructions must be 50% of the total number of all terrain and ground (excluding open ground) on the pitch.

OK: so I want to put a rough ground piece on, and a barrier. That means I have to put down at least 2 obstructions, 0-1 of which can be a forest?

15 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

OK: so I want to put a rough ground piece on, and a barrier. That means I have to put down at least 2 obstructions, 0-1 of which can be a forest?

Forests are not obstructions, other than that you are correct.

You’re supposed to have 4 to 6 pieces of pitch furniture for a regular game.

For 4 pieces, at least 2 should be obstructions.

For 5 or 6 pieces, at least 3 should be obstructions.

The remaining pieces can be any combination of obstructions, fast ground, rough ground, up to one barrier, and up to one forest.

It’s tooting my own horn a bit, but the Pitch Planner is almost never wrong. I’d recommend that people use it if they have any confusion about terrain or ground rules.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, RedSam said:

You’re supposed to have 4 to 6 pieces of pitch furniture for a regular game.

For 4 pieces, at least 2 should be obstructions.

For 5 or 6 pieces, at least 3 should be obstructions.

The remaining pieces can be any combination of obstructions, fast ground, rough ground, up to one barrier, and up to one forest.

It’s tooting my own horn a bit, but the Pitch Planner is almost never wrong. I’d recommend that people use it if they have any confusion about terrain or ground rules.

I only use the pitch planner. In casual and when setting up tournament games.