Ukogre

Harriet - Who to replace

I've been enjoying an Engineering resurgence recently. Having some success with a Ballista gun line: Ballista, Mother, Compound, Ratchet, Hoist, Velocity.

However i want to take Harriet out for a spin this week so who gets cut?

I think its down to two:

Ratchet; keep the ranged 2 dmg for hoist to copy, swap the condition removal and free charge for some speed and some ball control (or lack of)

Velocity: Moar guns less goals...

Any thoughts?

I would think Harriet would make Velocity even better and might cut Compound or even Ratchet (at a cost without Overclock).  However if you are going damage/control I would cut Velocity and let Hoist be striker with Mother's help. 

With that line, I'd probably drop Compound, but I guess it depends who you're playing. Otherwise, Ratchet is probably the weak point on that list.

Harriet might be a really sneaky goal scorer though with a 9" sprint... You MIGHT be able to get away with dropping Velocity as @Silversmith mentioned.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

I've manged to sort out a game for today so i'll report back.

So far my plan is to drop ratchet and let Harriet pick up the slack. I'll be looking for 2-2 so keeping Velocity feels safer.

I did consider taking out the big fella,(:lol:) but having him protecting the gun-line and providing an influence battery ensures he keeps his place.

I've naturally dropped Compound when running Harriet; I've been using her as a support piece/battery more than I've used her rather than directly for output.

Keeping her within 4 of the captain is tough from turn 2, so for me she's more about being available for True Rep, Inspiring Hat, and occasional influence to dislodge the ball than she is about stacking every turn, so unless you need the counter charge cover she fills that slot well.

Managed to get two games in on Sunday. Both game against an excellent local player who wanted to get some more time in with his proxy heavy Falconers.

First game i dropped Ratchet, kicked and he hid the ball on V Hearne. Velocity scored me  at textbook goal bouncing off the big hunter and i manged to get a single take out before losing 6-12. Boy can the falconers churn out some damage!

Second game i switched Velocity for Ratchet (gulp) with the aim to get the gun line further up the pitch and make use of him to remove some snares. Not great.

The lack of a striker hurt me and despite a late Hoist goal the game went the same way as the first with the falconers getting some great positing and making the most from the AOEs Harrier and Death from above.

In conclusion: I'm not sure i made the most from the Hats latest incarnation. I liked the free ranged dmg whilst close to Ballista, and i made some use of the free teamwork mechanic but i felt i'd lost more than i'd gained. 

Next time drop I'll Compound :)

I think for most match ups, you drop Compound, and go with Ballista, Mother, Harriet, Ratchet, Hoist, Velocity.  For teams that want to score 3 goals, you may want to think about adding back Compound and drop Velocity.