speedfreek

Moving towards - Haunting melody / Get over here

How does moving towards something work?
I was under the impression that moving towards works as described here:

However, a recent video battle report with someone who definitely know the rules better than most, suggests this might not be the way it is and that ending up closer than you started might be enough?

So just raising the question as I couldn't find a more recent ruling.

@speedfreek ...it works exactly as you thought in your original post. Ending closer...and must always be decreasing throughout the movement.

I watched the match report, and I think what the person in question meant was that if you ended closer then by default the range is decreasing, which is mostly true, but not always true.  I am thinking that person that said that, did not think the comment through all the way, and just provided a simplified version of the rule.  But, as the other folks have said, the rule works as the OP thought - needs to decrease throughout the movement.

Is this the Beardminis vs Jamie Perkins video? I noticed that too and it was also brought up in a different forum thread as something that Beardminis did wrong, but was following Perkins' instruction.

I think the ruling by Perkins in that video is that as long as you end your movement closer to the model than where you started, it's ok. In that effect, I believe Perkins moved a model PASSED the one that triggered the jog. Here's a link to that explanation at the exact time they are discussing it; https://youtu.be/7r94vbXBEao?t=585 

That looks like it would be very close to working, as long as he moved on a line that brought him closer to Ferrite (looks like he did) and didn't go past her, then at every point it's decreasing, even if only by an infinitesimally smaller amount