Heckler

Character plays and TN when engaged

Hey guys,

Im new so this might be a stupid question but I wanted to know if I was right in my thinking. If a character with a 1 inf attacking character play is engaged do they take a +TN modifier? So example. 1inf play. Model a s engaged and wants to use it. There dice pool would normally go down (-1 dice)but it can never go below 1. Do they then not take a penalty at all? That seems odd to me as a new player so wanted to clarify.

Target number spills over into dice pool but dice pool does not spill into target number.  No matter how many crowd outs a character is suffering, their character plays always roll at least 1 die and their target number is not changed.  Note that the dice pool size floor of one is applied before bonus time, so if a character bonus times a kick attack or character play, they will always roll at least two dice.

Wait. Does a model using a character play suffer from crowding out? I thought that was only with attacks.

Posted (edited)

I've been caught on this one a time or two in the past too.

pg 39 - 

Crowding Out
When making a Character Play, the active model suffers [-1] dicepool for each enemy model, other than the target enemy model, engaging the active model.

Apologies @MilitaryCoo ... Your pg 39 response didn't show up when I was typing my response out.

Edited by Malritch
Had to say sorry... I am Canadian after all.....