Csonti

Major, Minor and Dual Guild players

So this won't be a rules question per se rather my surprising revelation but I still think the topic belongs to the rules forum.

I started to think about the status of the crossplayers in the Major-Minor Guild pairs. Reading the cards and the rules I came up with my own answer that they function like the Union players in other Guilds and not as Dual Guild players (like Compound or Lucky). Then I found this topic which clearly stated that I was wrong. I'm all good with this intent but I would like to note that the current rules, cards are not really backing this.

Firstly the card that comes with the Ratcatchers references Bonesaw and vGraves as Mortician players - pretty much the same way as other Guilds get their Union picks which are obviously not Dual Guild players. (Btw Morticians need an updated version in the resource section since they could still hire Union according to that pdf.)

Secondly Compound and Lucky both have strong visual signs on their cards that they belong to two Guilds. Split logo at the top left corner and also split background. These things are completely missing from the player cards of Pelage and Skulk or the updated once of Bonesaw and vGraves. The only clue is on the back of their cards in the form of two Guild signs at the bottom right corner.

I think these things could lead to confusion among casual players who are not hunting for info in blog posts or surfing the forums regularly and probably the coming of S4 is a good opportunity to make things clearer.

Bonus note: while I was trying to track down the issue I stumbled upon a very strange/funny thing in the rulebook. If you strictly follow the rules as written you can't decide what Guild a certain player is playing for. Of course, it is clear that the icon and the background should guide you to the correct direction (or not in case of Minor crossovers) but the part that talks about the details of a profile card (p4-6) doesn't contain anything about Guild affiliation or how that is marked on the cards.

3 hours ago, Csonti said:

Secondly Compound and Lucky both have strong visual signs on their cards that they belong to two Guilds. Split logo at the top left corner and also split background. These things are completely missing from the player cards of Pelage and Skulk or the updated once of Bonesaw and vGraves. The only clue is on the back of their cards in the form of two Guild signs at the bottom right corner.

If they do work like Dual-Guild models, like Lucky and Compound, then this absolutely needs to be fixed. I haven't thought much about it, as it hasn't really come up for me yet. And I don't know that Morts or Rats have any traits or CPs that care specifically about Guild as opposed to friendly. But the cards should definitely be consistent.

Well, split background would be useless since the minor guilds share their parent guild's background (both Mortis and Ratcatchers are black, both Hunters and Falconers are green) anyway.

Split logo could be argued about, but I'd say the logos on the back are all that is needed. Other keywords are also only presented there.

Not to mention season 4 will most likely get rid of the friendly/friendly guild split anyway.

Isn't the deal that their cards now have the logo for both teams they play for on the back (bottom right corner)?  I feel like I remember reading this at some point, but I might just be filling in blanks.

8X79XYN.png

All the dual-color stuff is just decorative icing.  Much like the fancy background on the Ratcather release event cards.