Quick question since I can't seem to locate an answer to this or anything remotely similar, beyond the usual reference to the Regional Cup document (sorry if I missed one that did answer this query)...

What players can the rookie models stand-in for? Their regular version, their veteran version, either, neither?

This is effectively in regards to Fangtooth and Chisel, since none of the other rookies has a veteran card (planned) yet, but I figure it could eventually become relevant too...

I can't point you to an exact rule anywhere, but I think the rookies can be used as alternatives for their regular version, but not as veteran versions.

On the webstore it says the models are packaged with a regular player card, as well as the rookie league cards, so I think they can certainly be used for regular players.

Arguably if you used rookie Fangtooth in an Order/Church team it wouldn't confuse anyone as there's only one Fangtooth available to Order. But if rookie Chisel could stand for either regular or veteran in masons, that could be potentially confusing to opponents.

I believe rookie models are limited edition models, so this ruling applies.

Based on that, rookie models can only be used to represent the original versions of those characters in an OPD compliant event.

Ah, hadn't realised they came with a copy of their regular card too, which admitedly does clarify it... 

(although the lack of a veteran card could also be explained by the fact those haven't been released yet)

I think as an (almost) general rule, alternative sculpts represent the original versions of players.

The two exceptions I can think of are Ltd Edition Rage (who is either normal Rage or Captain Rage) and Falconers Launch Kit Vet Hearne ... who is obviously veteran.

9 hours ago, ADG said:

I think as an (almost) general rule, alternative sculpts represent the original versions of players.

The two exceptions I can think of are Ltd Edition Rage (who is either normal Rage or Captain Rage) and Falconers Launch Kit Vet Hearne ... who is obviously veteran.

And vetgraves is the same.

as the all important and simple rules

1) ask your to

2) ask your opponent

3) have the original incase 1 or 2 says no