skcpae

Harriet Playtesting

Happy hump-day crew!

I've been play-testing with Harriet a little bit on Vassal and I have a gut thought about using her. I wanted to engage the cog-mind collective here to see what you all think as well.

I've used her a couple times with PinVice, with the thought that I want to play a fast moving game. Usually when I do, PinVice is way up the field and I don't want to move Harriet that far up and put her into danger. Therefore, the couple of games I've played with this lineup have been a little average if not lackluster.

So my gut-thought conclusion here is that Harriet probably works best more with Ballista, being able to hang back a little closer to him as part of the gun-line brigade. 

What do you all think?

Hot take, disarm is way better than sucker punch. The 4 inch free punch is only relevant turn one unless you take ballista. So in reality ballista makes it important not the other way around.

I'd take Harriet for disarm and good stats plus hat aura over sucker punch any day.

I'd really like the sucker punch as a method of ball retrieval, especially with models with Unpredictable Movement and lots of Engineer 1" melee... but I get what you mean.

I still don't think you'd want her racing up the pitch though, getting into the mucky-muck. But it's worth a thought... with a 6/9 MOV, she is fast enough too.

58 minutes ago, blueboyzcaptain said:

Hoist disarms. Harriet needs to be on the pitch to allow it though.

That's fair, but still has to be close enough to get the duplication first.

I tried Harriet for the first time yesterday with Pin Vice against Brewers and she didn't get to do much. While I like her on paper, I don't think she fit well into my formation and I had no choice but to put her on a flank. The first round was the only one she could have used a Character Play for free, but I skipped the opportunity because it would have put her in a bad spot, so she was an Influence battery all game instead. Also, Hoist didn't replicate any of her Plays... could only have done so in round 1 and after that he was basically on the other side of the board.

My initial impression is that I'll probably only use her occasionally, so she falls into my personal Salvo/Colossus/Locus category. I like all of these, but don't field them nearly as often as some other squaddies.

My opponent fielded Vet Decimate by the way. Holy shit.

I did get a Vassal game last night using Harriet with Ballista. This actually felt pretty good. Don't NEED to allocate her anything for a little surprise punch, but I did keep her closer to Ballista for the inspiration zone. I could definitely see using her like this a little more and maybe as a sneaky goal threat with a fast run.

Hoist killed Pelage last night by punching Scourge for Sucker Punches and the resulting scatter (from the death of Pelage, who had the ball) dropped at Hoist's feet for a goal. Yay 6 point activations. 

I forgot to heal both Pin Vice and Hoist so lost 12-10 but if I wasn't an idiot then she would have contributed admirably to victory.

3 hours ago, MilitaryCoo said:

Hoist killed Pelage last night by punching Scourge for Sucker Punches and the resulting scatter (from the death of Pelage, who had the ball) dropped at Hoist's feet for a goal. Yay 6 point activations. 

I forgot to heal both Pin Vice and Hoist so lost 12-10 but if I wasn't an idiot then she would have contributed admirably to victory.

Shouldn’t you be practicing Alchemists