Sign in to follow this  
DougE

Need a better team list, Model question,

I just got my hands on the 'Sing when you're winning' pack with Esters and company.  Nice looking, clean and crisp...looking forward to using them.

From what I've seen on this forum already is how other Brewers mix them up with the KO set.  And that's one of the reasons why I'm on here.  I can't seem to figure out how to use the KO Brewers set.  I know how to play them as a beat down force, but I still end up losing as I can't quite figure out how to use them to get goals...kinda pathetic actually...but it's fun watching Stave lob those barrel bombs...lol...

Seriously though, with both sets in my possession now, I'm looking for some team advice on how to play them right and maybe get a win or two...with goals :D

Secondly.  Pintpot...noticed he's on a larger base...is he supposed to be on a larger base and not the smaller one?

Thanks for help gang

5 hours ago, DougE said:

but it's fun watching Stave lob those barrel bombs...lol...

That's probably your first problem..

Honestly though, with either captain I feel Friday, Hooper, oSpigot and "The Cat" are a good core for a 1/4 or 2/2  loadout.. 

My 6th spot usually depends on what my opponent is playing;

Stoker into heavy condition teams,

Pisspot against "brawlers" especially "The Bear", Boar, or any other "furious" models,

Mash into football teams and heavy 2"melee,

You can swap vSpigot for oSpigot if you want a more "footbally" approach, 

Lastly, if you can get hold of a Lucky or vDecimate they are worth trying out either in the 6th slot or as a replacement for Friday with any of the above mentioned comps.. 

- Pint pot should be on a 40 mm base (same as Esters). 

- at this moment oSpigot and vetDecimate are outincludes. Stave and vetSpigot seem to be left out of most tournament rosters but some people like them.

- getting goals: Friday can do it from a long way away but needs other Brewers to generate the necessary momentum.  

@DougE Do you have Lucky? He's always a fun to use (especially if you play him badly like I do :D

5 hours ago, ningu said:

@DougE Do you have Lucky? He's always a fun to use (especially if you play him badly like I do :D

No I don't.  Can' seem to find him either.

Thanks for the info so far guys. 😁

2 hours ago, Mako said:

I can probably send over a spare Lucky I have lying about @DougE , if you PM me your address ;)

PM sent.

Lucky is amazing.  He does wonderful things for Brewers!

My tourney ten is: Tapper, Esters, Quaff, oSpigot, Friday, Hooper, vetCimate, Lucky, Mash, and Stoker.  I am trying to squeeze in the cat, but can't decide who to drop.

Combos I like a lot:

The Anti-Condition Squad: Esters, Quaff, Hooper, Stoker, Lucky, and Mash

I use this setup against Alchemists, Hunters, and Ratcatchers, especially if as the draft goes on it appears they're leaving a lot of their 2" melee models at home (if they draft a lot of 2" melee, especially Vitriol, I will swap Mash for Friday or Spigs).

This lineup clears conditions like a boss, between Esters' heroic play, Stoker's Magical Brew trait, Hooper's True Grit heroic, and Lucky's free start of activation removal.  It drives teams like Smoke Alchemists and ESPECIALLY Ratcatchers bonkers, because conditions are so important to their gameplan and in the case of Ratcatchers turns disease from an advantage into a liability, as I can play around it and my opponent can't.  These teams often have a lot of vulnerability to Stoker, as well, as they're either lighting themselves on fire (looking at you, Katalyst) or are easy for us to set on fire.  Don't underestimate what +1 TAC from Quaff's Bag of Quaffers can do to boost some of our squaddies- it can make an enormous difference on players like Stoker, Mash, and Lucky (it's much easier to hit that Howzat! on a counterattack when you're TAC 6).

This team also has some sneaky goal scoring potential.  Lucky can Raise the Stakes and take Esters' speed buff for a 20" goal run (10" sprint, 4" dodge, 6" kick) from weird angles.  Mash can also get some surprising work done for such a big guy with the speed buff taking him to 16" (8" sprint, 8" kick after super shot).

The Beatdown Team: Tapper, Quaff, oSpigot, Hooper, vetCimate, Lucky or Friday

Lucky or Friday in this one is dependent on taste- if you think you need momentous damage, Lucky is the guy.  If you want a better goal threat and the ability to debuff defenses to set up the rest of the team, Friday's your gal.

The key thing to remember with this lineup is that without the cat, Tapper is going to get less work done than you might normally expect (as he can't tactical advice up to 6 INF).  That said, he does what you need- Commanding Aura, Old Jakes, and knock people down for the rest of the team to tee off on.  vetCimate also plays as a good setup piece here when she's not deleting players out of hand- she's another source of reliable momentous KD to set up Hooper and Spigs.

The overall game plan is pretty simple- control the scrum as best you can, beat the heck out of your opponent's players one at a time, and eventually sneak through to try to go for the goal run with Spigs or Lucky/Friday to close out the game.

The Goal-Scorers: Esters, Scum, vetCimate, Friday, vetSpigot, and Lucky

This is not a lineup I use often (as I don't have vetSpigs or Scum in my 10 at present), but they can do some neat things- they've got more movement tricks than your opponent suspects and some pretty decent kick stats.  It's worth noting vetSpigs heroic play can absolutely blindside opponents, as most people aren't used to seeing him.  Friday makes an excellent ball holder- she's 6+/1 near Spigs.  You can swap in oSpigs here, too, for Time's Called and Football Legend, but then he turns into more of a support piece and less a scorer in his own right.

I'd write more but I'm out of time- good luck! =)

This is what I normally take:

Tapper, Esters

Quaff

Default team: Decimate, oSpigot, Lucky, Hemlocke

Subs: Mash, Friday, Pintpot

The default team I'm reasonably happy with into basically anything. Tapper leads it when receiving, Esters when kicking. Decimate / Lucky / Spigot is enough brawlers to reasonably fight most opponents, and everyone also solidly contributes to the football game also - while nobody has huge goal threats, everybody threatens at least 14" (except Tapper at 13", unless he gets to use Marked Target) so any spare bit of influence can result in a goal. Lucky and Decimate are both reasonable goalscorers who can switch gears to the beatdown plan quite easily.

Friday replaces either Lucky or Hemlocke if playing against a footballing heavy team, especially with Esters. Putting the ball on a 6/1 Friday is a reasonable plan for buying time to get kills, and eats up a lot of the enemy team's influence.

Pintpot usually comes in against brawlers or teams without any ranged control. Sit him near Hemlocke / your captain, and Noxious Blast them to death - if they don't commit, they get whittled down by the poison until you Decimate missile them at end of turn. If they do commit, you have Pintpot as an additional damage dealer who doesn't need much influence which makes for a very efficient team.

Mash could be swapped for Scum. He's there to help with ball killing in a Tapper list which can't as reliably depend on Friday to hold the ball. Particularly good into teams with a lot of 1" melee, like Brisk3t and Pin Vice.

Thanks for the info guys...I appreciate it.

I'm going to try... Esters, Scum, Friday, vSpigot, Stoker and Lucky.

Now here's a question.

Friday.  Her Defense Support (Spigot)...does that work with vSpigot or just oSpigot??

3 hours ago, DougE said:

Friday.  Her Defense Support (Spigot)...does that work with vSpigot or just oSpigot??

It will work with any Spigot (even Seagot if you are playing Snake Draft).