ArmOfObulus

V Rage into Shark

Anyone had much joy running V Rage into Shark? If so what was your team and tactics please? I'm thinking of running solo capt but the fish matchup seems to look the most difficult on paper.

Currently looking at V.Rage, Strongbox, Harry, Benny, Gutter and Mist purely to negate any reach advantage. 

Thanks,

I'd switch out Mist for Snakeskin when playing into Shark, especially when receiving.  As long as you can keep the initiative, which should be possible against Shark, and spend your first activation every turn spending 3 influence to put Nimble and Clone on Snakeskin and running her away from your opponent's ball retrievers, you effectively remove the ball from the game.  Even down 3 influence and an activation, vRage should have no trouble beating Shark as long as the ball is off the pitch.

I was going to suggest Hemlock or Snakeskin instead of Harry..

If you have space for the lion I found he can really screw up the shark team influence maths and is usable in Union till October / November.. 

Thanks Redmaw. Pride looks awesome, the only worry I have is that I will become dependant on him and then it will be like losing a family pet when he gets taken away in Season 4 lol 😂 

played vRage into Shark twice in tournaments and won both games (really close though).

My list was pretty much the list mister Alex Botts ran at WTC. When I play Rage I mostly play Strongbox, Gutter, Benni, Minx and Mist.

It is a hard game, but possible. You have to kill the ball or shut down Shark, in the first game Mist had the ball and stood right in the very corner of my deployment zone.

The other game I managed to surround Shark by 4 models. I didn't bother killing him until the last turn. A controlled Shark is even better than a dead one.