Enjoyed the Falconer stream on youtube have a question for one of the new character plays:

Taking Flight says “this model may immediately make a jog and gains flying.”

question: is gaining flying required for the jog? Can you gain flying at the end of the jog?

Was just curious if you can benefit from fast ground any way as part of this play. 

So, first off, I'm pretty sure you both make a jog (which could be 0") and gain Flying right away... so you can't delay or reconfigure the way that happens...

and then no, as written, gaining Flying would make him ignore ground which would include his harrier AOE is treated as fast-ground by him rule... so yeah.. he really needs to Jog or Sprint as part of his normal Advance over fast-ground or a harrier AOE to gain +2"/+2" and then he'd be able to use his Taking Flight Character Play but wouldn't benefit from any fast-ground as written while Flying at all.

Means Updraft is kind of a confusing name... as it sounds like it should kick in when he's flying.. but I guess it just buffets him before he's fully flying =p... or that's how I read it.. and yeah.. I totally would have thought he could get the fast ground bonus while Flying and I'd be wrong I think.

When a character play grants two effects and an order isn't specified, they are resolved in the order of the active player's choosing.  In this case, the Falconer's player could choose to have Ikaros gain flying after the resolution of the jog.

If he makes the jog does he have to gain flying?  Is “may” applied to each part of the play(jog and flying) or is it all or nothing?