So I used to play fish then decided to try the guild I liked the look of most, morticians. I didn’t want to play obulus because EVERYONE played him (season 1&2). I instead picked up scalpel, vgraves, vileswarm (I have a thing for rats) bonesaw, casket, and brainpan & memory had just come out. I also picked up ghast and am ordering the resin obulus box now.

I got ratcatchers (again.. rats) and am waiting for hemlock, but I would like some feedback on a competitive group. Here is my plan on the ten, reasons to follow. Please help me understand your preferences and give me tips!

Scalpel

Vilswarm

Vgraves

vHemlock

Casket 

Ghast

Skulk

Pelage

oGraves

Dirge

Bonesaw???

I love scalpel and for now she is my plan to run as main captain.

I love vileswarms idea and I don’t think he is as bad as it seems, at least not so bad as to auto pick dirge so I want him to be my mascot. If I use him I feel obligated to use vgraves.

vGraves I actually like as he is a bit annoying and can stack with casket time.

now Bp&M have been cool but I am terrible at using them. Need some help. I love the models as want to get better at them

Casket and ghast depend on who I am facing. Ghast is against less brawlly teams and casket against those who like to get stuck in

dont care about cosset with scalpel.

again using vhemlock seems so autoinclude with scalpel 

skulk is the best anti-football model on the game imo. He sticks to strikers rediculously well and gives tons of problems.

pelage is just awesome. The dilemma mechanic, good damage vs makes, and singled out. At the moment I have been using rats so I understand using her better than the puppet.

oGraves I see as when I want to really focus on damage. Play dirge with him?

Dirge I can’t decide what he brings that pelage doesn’t really. Help?

I love bonesaw model but I haven’t been good at playing ball with morts.. should I fit him in and if so who to not use and how to best use him where?

I have been re-learning the game through ratcatchers, having a great time and actually doing decently well. Stil need help though. What should I play when and what should I not?

On 20.05.2018 at 9:50 AM, psychogeek said:

vGraves I actually like as he is a bit annoying and can stack with casket time.

now Bp&M have been cool but I am terrible at using them. Need some help. I love the models as want to get better at them

Casket and ghast depend on who I am facing. Ghast is against less brawlly teams and casket against those who like to get stuck in

dont care about cosset with scalpel.

again using vhemlock seems so autoinclude with scalpel 

skulk is the best anti-football model on the game imo. He sticks to strikers rediculously well and gives tons of problems.

pelage is just awesome. The dilemma mechanic, good damage vs makes, and singled out. At the moment I have been using rats so I understand using her better than the puppet.

oGraves I see as when I want to really focus on damage. Play dirge with him?

Dirge I can’t decide what he brings that pelage doesn’t really. Help?

I love bonesaw model but I haven’t been good at playing ball with morts.. should I fit him in and if so who to not use and how to best use him where?

I have been re-learning the game through ratcatchers, having a great time and actually doing decently well. Stil need help though. What should I play when and what should I not?

For me vHemlocke and oGraves are must-have in Scalpels team. 2" melee, easy tackle, great supporting skills. You just don't enter the pitch without them. The rest is kind of flexible.

Don't underestimate Cosset, she's squishy but does her job well. Lure is super important for Scalepl and free charge with tons of damage is great.

Dirge is her best friend and VS does nothing without influence (and You will never have enough influence) so there is no choice.

Pelage is very good, I love launching her for turn 1 goal as she gives very little MP to your opponent after scoring and dilemma damage/snare is nice bonus.

Skulk is situational, I loved him at first sight but it appears he doesn't realy do damage nor score, he is another support piece but it's hard to justify another such model in 6. Situational imho. 

Bonesaw just sits on the bench waiting for season 4, so is vGraves and Vileswarm.

I have pretty much switched to just playing Scalpel as Pelage and VHemlocke play heavy into her strengths. 

My 10 as of right now are

Obulus/Scalpel/VSwarm/oGraves/Pelage/VHemlocke/Bonesaw/Ghast/Skulk/Brainpan+Memory.

I play a aggressive football game and go for typically 2-2 or 3-0 with Scalpel.

I like to bring Obulus still since he scares people a little more and people typically draft a captain expecting him.

For kicking off I typically do it with Scalpel and putting it near the edge of the pitch. this allows her to recover the ball or pick on the model that retrieves it. If receiving I typically always draft Bonesaw and he scores a turn 1 goal by bouncing off of Scalpel or Pelage. Pelage is typically more free since a lot of people don't want to engage her.

Went 4-2 with her at Spring Fling and had a great time. I hope she gets a little tweaking on her playbook choices in S4 but she works pretty well and is less stress on my clock time.

5 hours ago, Jynxed85 said:

Went 4-2 with her at Spring Fling and had a great time. I hope she gets a little tweaking on her playbook choices in S4 but she works pretty well and is less stress on my clock time.

If you did, you may want to touch base with Longshanks because it has your wins as 2 Scalpel, 1 Obs, and 1 unreported, though I think you played Scalpel in the unreported if I recollect my buddy who played you correctly. (I'm one of the other Mort's players from Spring Fling; finished 3-3.)

As for mascot, I still don't see the appeal of Vileswarm over Dirge. Dirge has better defense. Can get anywhere he wants (8"/10" with flying is no joke) to for ball recovery and/or gang-ups/crowd outs. Plus I don't have to worry about him dying and hitting mates in a gang-up situation. Same kick stats. Only edge I would give Vileswarm is the extra Tac for a slightly more likely T in a pinch. And for Morts, I don't think you can honestly run both in your 10 (opportunity cost is too high.)