DrJekyll

Navigators Guild on FB

For anyone who didn't watch the video yet, Windfinder and Horizon will be in the minor guild pack, while the last picture is a resin sculpt of Angel that will be released in an organized play pack. Angel and original Siren will be the cross-over players from the fishermen to the navigators.

Navigators will be released at some point in Q4 this year, according to Rich Loxam [maybe at Steam Con?]

The ability for the navigators to re-roll their dice is interesting, and might fit in with the "easy playstyle" of the guild. Could a lot of their strength come from the ability to re-roll their dice, while their other abilities are limited to balance this? Or would other guilds possibly gain new rules too? (They didn't want to say in the video!)

Reminds me of the interview with Mat Hart on Strictly the Worst 38, where he was talking about whether re-rolls should come into the game, and how increasing randomness might make it easier for mid-level players to challenge top-level players:

http://strictlytheworst.libsyn.com/episode-38-the-gang-gets-interviewed

ps. For the blacksmiths, Veteran Cinder remains an apprentice. And there's a rookie-league organized play kit on the way.

5 minutes ago, ADG said:

Angel and original Siren will be the cross-over players from the fishermen to the navigators.

Angel and Veteran Siren are the cross-over players. It's been confirmed that these are the 2 models you'll get on the launch kit.

36 minutes ago, ningu said:

Angel and Veteran Siren are the cross-over players. It's been confirmed that these are the 2 models you'll get on the launch kit.

Then why did @Jamie P explicitly say "original Siren" during the Q&A at Vengeance? :o Trying to stir up some trouble???

Well, I do guess that this makes more sense fluff-wise, as why would Siren revert to her old self when playing for the Navigators? :huh:

Angel and oSiren would be a lot more customer friendly to people starting up with the Navigators and then looking to expand.

Also it comes with the boon of them not having to use vSiren.

I like the idea that it is oSiren... I don't see Veteran Siren as a progression of her story arc. She should be able to switch between Sea Witch and Seductress modes.

8 hours ago, Cassaralla said:

In Twitch chat they said it was confirmed that the launch kit is wrong and it is O Siren.

Oh, that's interesting.  I very much like oSiren (and my local opponents hate her) while I can't quite figure out what to do with vSiren in a scoring team...

1 hour ago, Jamie P said:

Can confirm that it is indeed original Siren and not Veteran Siren that can play with the Navigator's Guild.

Right, I'm thinking that before becoming a fisherperson, Siren was an actor in the same theatre as Harry. Veteran Siren is nothing more than a bit of method acting and the dread gaze is CGI. 

5 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Right, I'm thinking that before becoming a fisherperson, Siren was an actor in the same theatre as Harry. Veteran Siren is nothing more than a bit of method acting and the dread gaze is CGI. 

Nah.

Siren just realised that no one liked getting her stink eye, so she decided to go retro, pick up her spears and actually be liked and wanted by her team again. It was just a phase and she is over it now.

I had previously assumed that the crossover models would be ones that see less play, but I guess OSiren disproves that particular hypothesis.

9 hours ago, Selfy said:

Maybe now we can get Seasoned Harry as head of the Actors Guild?

That's nice but not amazing.

Yes the model gets more options to re-enter in a position that is game relevant but it means he was still taken out and so have the opponent got 2vp and 1 momentum.

10 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

Yes the model gets more options to re-enter in a position that is game relevant but it means he was still taken out and so have the opponent got 2vp and 1 momentum.

If you lost the "roll off" and are going second the INF will have been allocated so you can avoid a loaded up beater.

These guys are exactly the Guild I've been waiting for. 

I'm an Old Hand with Noob Level skills - sign me up!

On 5/22/2018 at 10:21 AM, Banjulhu said:

Horizon is only worth 1 VP.

Image may contain: text

Yes because he is also only a 8hp model.

We know he has Unexpected Arrival but that seems to be it from the character play side of things. I'm still waiting to see what he has that makes you want to run him or like it was said in the Fish thread, someone will need to be dropped to make room for oSiren.