Sign in to follow this  
ningu

Mascot Time! Frelsi

A falcon that moves as fast as a man in full metal body armor, with a flamethrower and a cast iron riot shield in his hands :) 

3 minutes ago, angyi said:

A falcon that moves as fast as a man in full metal body armor, with a flamethrower and a cast iron riot shield in his hands :) 

Have you ever seen a falcon take a jog? :P 

I want to live the dream, use Dervana to attack something in a Harrier AOE whilst assisted by Fresi, get the tackle (and hopefully some damage), then push Fresi another 5" and send him the ball. Only down side is surviving another activation before he scores, but you can't have everything, and a 4 dice tap in ought to work even for my dice

The Crow moves faster than the Eagle. I am upset.

Also, not that she needed it, but it's a real missed opportunity not to give her Siren's Beautiful Trait.

Otherwise, seems pretty par for the course as far as mascots go.

23 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

The Crow moves faster than the Eagle. I am upset.

Also, not that she needed it, but it's a real missed opportunity not to give her Siren's Beautiful Trait.

Otherwise, seems pretty par for the course as far as mascots go.

Is it not a raven?

Eagles aren’t the fastest birds in sky. Smaller birds are often faster and more manoeuvrable, both to evade them and to harry them when they want to chase them away.

2 hours ago, AspiringPacifist said:

Anyone else finding it odd that the Falconers mascot is an eagle???  :lol:

I only find it odd because, as far as I can tell, there are NO falcons in the Falconers. Mascot is an eagle, Minerva has an owl (as is appropriate), uh, I think Mataagi has a hawk/buzzard looking thing (buzzards in the UK are more similar to hawks in the US), Rundaas also has a (mean as hell looking) hawk thing (this MIGHT be a falcon), and I believe those are the only birds, unless you count Ikaros, who's a bird man. But, if SFG actually designed the card first, then decided which bird of prey to use, it makes complete sense. Eagles, while fast, are larger and slower than falcons, thus the 5/9 MOV and 40" base. A falcon might be closer to Dirge (I was thinking 6/10 MOV) and a 30" base.

17 hours ago, landstander said:

I only find it odd because, as far as I can tell, there are NO falcons in the Falconers. Mascot is an eagle, Minerva has an owl (as is appropriate), uh, I think Mataagi has a hawk/buzzard looking thing (buzzards in the UK are more similar to hawks in the US), Rundaas also has a (mean as hell looking) hawk thing (this MIGHT be a falcon), and I believe those are the only birds, unless you count Ikaros, who's a bird man. But, if SFG actually designed the card first, then decided which bird of prey to use, it makes complete sense.

Falconry is the hunting of wild animals in its natural state and habitat by means of a trained bird of prey. It doesn't matter what kind of bird they have to be a Falconer.

1 hour ago, Nykolae said:

It doesn't matter what kind of bird they have to be a Falconer.

Although having done some falconry, it is tricker if you use a pigeon :D

Technically, falconers fly falcons and austringers fly eagles, hawks and so on. But falconry has become the generic term for it all, as hawking is no longer used and austringing is an odd word...

9 hours ago, Nykolae said:

Falconry is the hunting of wild animals in its natural state and habitat by means of a trained bird of prey. It doesn't matter what kind of bird they have to be a Falconer.

Yes, I know that - that's true. But I still find it odd. Though I'm beginning to believe that bird on Mataagi's shoulder is a hooded falcon.