Sign in to follow this  
Jotnebane

S4 arrives october 12th

9 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Mate, you shouldn't disrespect the special relationship. Said relationship means that, every so often, we should extend the hand of friendship and allow our brothers across the pond to have the new toys first. :)

yeah, I am well aware that it's a sensible business decision and am largely exited that there are less than 5 months till whatever changes are coming.. It doesn't change the fact I still feel I'm going to miss out on the "new shiny" hype.. I'm sure I'll get over it though (especially since I get my lion tomorrow)...

24 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

yeah, I am well aware that it's a sensible business decision and am largely exited that there are less than 5 months till whatever changes are coming.. It doesn't change the fact I still feel I'm going to miss out on the "new shiny" hype.. I'm sure I'll get over it though (especially since I get my lion tomorrow)...

Cool, new lion for me too then! I forgot about him!

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:34 PM, Redmaw said:

Did you get it? I didn't. :(

3 hours ago, Philthy Lad said:

It's a bit strange the no one at vengeance asked how the cards will be updated or released for season 4. was there any word on if they would release a pack similar to season 3 cards?

They're going to sell them in random packets of 6 and then we have to trade our swaps on Facebook.

Should be fun. Cant wait!

5 hours ago, Philthy Lad said:

It's a bit strange the no one at vengeance asked how the cards will be updated or released for season 4. was there any word on if they would release a pack similar to season 3 cards?

It was asked during the key note Q&A but they wouldn't give any specific details..

There was a vague mention of "simplification" to the wording used on the cards which makes me assume there will be a full card pack update as per s3.. 

46 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

It was asked during the key note Q&A but they wouldn't give any specific details..

There was a vague mention of "simplification" to the wording used on the cards which makes me assume there will be a full card pack update as per s3.. 

Yeah It was me who Asked.

I'm sure we will all get the S4 stuff at the same time but wanted It confirmed.

23 hours ago, Selfy said:

They're going to sell them in random packets of 6 and then we have to trade our swaps on Facebook.

Should be fun. Cant wait!

I heard that they aren't random but rather grouped into packets based on the position. So there's a card box for Captains, one for Mascots, one for Goalkeepers, one for Midfielders, and so on.

59 minutes ago, Lemminkäinen said:

I heard that they aren't random but rather grouped into packets based on the position. So there's a card box for Captains, one for Mascots, one for Goalkeepers, one for Midfielders, and so on.

Why not release them arbitrarily to LGS in tournament packs gradually over the next three years between season 4 and 5.?

Just now, Redmaw said:

Why not release them arbitrarily to LGS in tournament packs gradually over the next three years between season 4 and 5.?

Ooh, I like that - great idea!

Maybe they could have coloured and black-and-white versions and if you use the black-and-white ones, you need to paint them for tournaments?

I spoke to Jamie P along these lines. "I have a nicely painted Crucible figure will she be any good in S4?" He replied, [this is not word for word] that they will make it so that we will all get to use all our toys.

[Or something along those lines.]  This was near the start of a week end when lots of beer was drunk.

Bill

On 16.5.2018 at 8:36 PM, Toqtamish said:

There is four weeks in between. I think anyone that has qualified for Worlds will be fine. 

Or the'll just play casually if that's their approach. :)

Substitutions sounds great, I hope you're right.