Played my first game using the clock and I just wanted to clarify some things. 

We read through the clocked games section of the regional cup document here on the website.  It states that when the clock runs out, the player goes to one minute intervals and gives up a victory point at the end of every activation.  Then during one of the examples It states that you give up a VP immediately when the clock runs out, but it doesn't say that in the body of the document itself.  So which is it?  Give up a VP when the clock hits zero AND at the end of each activation ( including the one in which the clock hit zero? ), or just at the end of each subsequent activation?

Also, the document doesn't actually state what happens at the end of each  1 minute interval.  I assume I am I forced to put down my dice and forfeit the rest of the model's activation.  So not only am I bleeding out VPs at a crazy rate I am also unlikely to be able to finish the activation of any model with more than a couple influence on it?

When your main 45 mins runs out and you hit zero for the first time, you immediately get 1 more min to finish your activation. At the end of that minute, if you are mid action, you can finish that action. If you have 12 vp,  you win. If you don't,  your opponent gains 1 vp and play continues.

From now on you only have 1 minute for each activation, giving up one point at the end of each one. As per before, any mid flight action can be completed. 

Hope this helps 

Ok thanks, that helps.  The 1 minute running out and finishing your current action rather than activation was what was tripping us up most.

So it seems like if your clock runs out with more than a few minutes difference to your opponent's you are well and truly cooked.  Has that been people's general tournament experience?  

Yes, if you've got a decent time differential on your clock when your opponent clocks out then it can be very easy to just wait out the win.  I won a tournament game like that yesterday.  Was 8-7 up, he clocked out and missed a goal shot, I go 9-7 up and then I just recovered the ball and waited out the next 3 activations to win.  It didn't feel right to me, but it's a perfectly legal way to win.  Think I had 8 minutes left at the end.

Another question. Do you have to activate all your players? Or can you give up activations and maybe wait for the next Round to make usefull activations then? 

This i know. ...But asked if i can skip a activation so the opponent don't get a VP... and only give him VP for usefull activations. .

7 minutes ago, CaerSidis said:

This i know. ...But asked if i can skip a activation so the opponent don't get a VP... and only give him VP for usefull activations. .

No

4 hours ago, irondesk said:

Ok thanks, that helps.  The 1 minute running out and finishing your current action rather than activation was what was tripping us up most.

So it seems like if your clock runs out with more than a few minutes difference to your opponent's you are well and truly cooked.  Has that been people's general tournament experience?  

Yeah clocking out us normally the nail in the coffin, but still a chance to win if the board is in your favour! 

Had some legendary games that have gone to clock, I really love the pressure or creates.