Sign in to follow this  
bastus

Should there be captain adjustments?

New season, new changes announced.

Til we still know little thing about it, a rapid look to Longshanks Statistics exposes such a wide gap between Union's three captains. 

Why is Rage so much favoured over BH/Brisket? 

Only Theron/Skatha are more games apart, and -IMO- there's an evident power different between these two.

I don't see such evidences between Rage-BH. I actually find BH much more amusing, and I think he can face almost any team.

So, should there be any changes? Rage down? BH up? A subtle mix?

Don't get much into brisket cause she's moving to the minor.

Rage and Blackheart are two separate beasts that require different tools to get work done. 

Because the general census of the echo chamber is thst Rage is the "best" captain, most people theme their lists around his playstyle and will only drop Blackheart into perceived losing match ups..

Going into a match you are expecting to lose with a captain you feel is weaker with a list of "squaddies" which do not really compliment the playstyle does not bode well for the win percentage.. 

Does Blackheart really want that different a setup? They both like Coin, Mist, Gutter, Decimate, Benny, Minx and Hemlock. To be fair the only players they don't share a common interest in are Snakeskin, Fangers and Og Rage. The first 2 they share a common apathy towards and the latter for obvious reasons. 

1 hour ago, Totes McAwesome said:

Does Blackheart really want that different a setup?

Well I've found that most vRage lists take the Tortoise over the Snake, so if you want Coin for Blackheart that's already reducing the amount of "Squaddies" you can take in your lineup.. I also feel that with the impending arrival of Pride you will see a lot of him as a backup mascot when receiving...

As for your "Squaddie" picks, as you also stated I feel that Gutter, Decimate and Benny are as close to "auto includes" as you can get for all three available captains.. Grace is required in the roster unless you just accept you are going to have a horrible time against Smoke which leaves you with three slots (two if you want more than one mascot).. Out of the remaining "Squaddies" I feel vRage would prefer  A&G, Harry and Hemlock, where as Blackheart does better with Mist, Minx and oRage..

There is some obvious bleed over and it's all up to personal preference, but as stated I feel most players theme their squad around the vRage setup and leave things such as oRage, Coin and Minx at home..

I mean personally I disagree with quite of what you have said there. Not saying it's right or wrong as it personal opinion obviously and what works for one doesn't work for another. I'm absolutely on board with double captain and double mascot being tight in Union. Up until recently I ran that in Fishermen but then the only roster choice I felt I needed to make was Angel or Jack.