Celary

Negative kick distance

Not sure, honestly. Would think that it could not officially be able to be reduced to a negative value, but rather only have negative modifiers placed on it. In theory that would make him a X/0" kick. Due to how engagement rules work for B2B contact and pushes, I would he could kick with a placement of B2B being his only option.

So... you always get at a minimum 1 dice (for any kick, attack, or character play) no matter the negatives... and then you could always bonus time that 1 dice up to 2 dice using Bonus Time...

but the distance is a good question... if your kick is zero... does that mean you can't kick?... or that you have to be touching the target (base to base) to make the kick?  I kind like that latter interpretation but have no basis for that... 

From the Collected Clarifications:

Smashed Shins:- A model with a KICK range of 0" could Pass to a friendly model in base to base contact with itself.
But it would not be able to make a Pass to empty space.  To Pass to space you need to centre the ball-marker at a legal point up to the range of your KICK stat.   As this cannot be done legally with a 0" range (the ball-marker would overlap the kicker's base), such a Pass cannot be made.

4 hours ago, MilitaryCoo said:

From the Collected Clarifications:

Smashed Shins:- A model with a KICK range of 0" could Pass to a friendly model in base to base contact with itself.
But it would not be able to make a Pass to empty space.  To Pass to space you need to centre the ball-marker at a legal point up to the range of your KICK stat.   As this cannot be done legally with a 0" range (the ball-marker would overlap the kicker's base), such a Pass cannot be made.

But is the official ruling you can only reduce kick distances to 0"? Or would Scum be -2" as per original post?

4 hours ago, Sheenie92 said:

But is the official ruling you can only reduce kick distances to 0"? Or would Scum be -2" as per original post?

How are you going to make a kick of -2"? That would just be a 2" kick in the opposite direction. I'm no rules lawyer, but I think it's safe to say that you can't reduce kick distance below 0".